development of Union jack according historical events.
1. The term Union Jack possibly dates from Queen Annes time (reigned 1702- 14) It may come from the jack- et of the English of Scottish soldiers; or from the name of James I who originated the first union in 1603
2. The flag consists of three heraldic crossed. The cross of St George, patron saint of England since the 1270s, is a red cross on a white ground.
3. The cross saltier of St Andres, patron saint of Scotland, is a diagonal white cross on a blue ground.
4. After James I succeeded to thethrone, it was combined with the cross of St Andrew in 1606.
5. On 12 April 1606 a proclamation was issued:"All our subjects in this our isle and kingdom of Great Britain and the members thereof, shall bear in their main top the red cross commonly called St Georges Cross and the white cross commonly called St. Andrews Cross joined together according to a form made by our heralds and sent to our Admiral to be published to our said subjects."
6. The second Act of Union 1800
7. The legislative union of Great Britain and Ireland was completed on January 1st 1801.
8. Changing the countrys name to United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland