Seethavilas Road, Mysore Affiliated to University of Mysore
ANNUAL QUALITY ASSUR
': 0821-2424413, Tele fax: 0821website : marimallappawomenscollege.org
Founder Sri Gurikar Marimallapa
Seethavilas Road, Mysore 570 024. Affiliated to University of Mysore
ANNUAL QUALITY ASSURANCE REPORT 2009 - 14
Submitted to : NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL
BANGALORE. Tele fax: 0821-2424413, e-mail : [email protected]
website : marimallappawomenscollege.org
Bhagyashilpi Sri K.N. Shivalingaiah
MALLAMMA MARIMALLAPPA WOMENS ARTS AND COMMERCE COLLEGE- MYSORE.
THE ANNUAL QUALITY ASSURANCE REPORT (AQAR) OF THE IQAC 2009-10
Plan of Action chalked out by the
IQAC at the beginning of the Academic Year
2009-10 aims at Quality Enhancement:
Planning to conduct a two-day National Level Seminar by the
Department of Commerce.
Organizing open Debate on current issues concerning
Environment by the Department of Geography.
Increasing contact with experts from different fields through
Guest Lectures, Seminars, Workshops and Conferences.
To direct all the activities of the Institution towards the
enhancement of learners knowledge capacity and personality
To train the youth of today to become responsible citizens of
tomorrow to make a prosperous nation.
1. Activities reflecting the goals and
objectives of the institutions:
The mission statement of the college is one that reflects, in
both, the activities and aspirations of the college. Accordingly,
every year the performance by the students and the staff is a step
towards betterment. The college considers itself to be the best
competitor of its own and hence drives consistently towards
improving its performance.
2. New academic programmes initiated: -Nil-
3. Innovations in curricular design and
As an affiliated college, it follows the syllabus framed by the
University of Mysore and as per the guidelines given by the
4. Inter disciplinary programmes started: -Nil-
5. Examination reforms implemented: The college has to follow the rules and regulations framed for
the purpose of Examinations by the University of Mysore
6. Candidates qualified :
7. Initiative towards faculty development
8. Total number of Seminars / Workshops conducted :
UGCs sponsored two day National Level Seminar was
organized on 9th and 10th October 2009, on the topic Retail
Revolution in India by the Department of Commerce.
9. Research projects
10. Patents generated, if any: -Nil-
11. New collaborative research programmes: -Nil-
12. Research grants received from various
13. Details of research scholars: -Nil-
14. Citation index of faculty members and
15. Honors/Awards to the faculty: -Nil-
16. Internal resources generated: a) Department of commerce-Annual subscription-Rs.18,000
17. Details of departments getting SAP, COSIST/DST. FIST, etc. assistance /recognition:
18. Community services: a) NSS:
Regular NSS activities were carried out.
19. Teachers and officers newly recruited: Teaching Staff
SL. NO. NAME DEPARTMENT
1. Nagendra Prasad.V.P Kannada
2. Devaraju.K History
3. Sunil kumar.H.M History
4. Shankar.H.C Physical Instructor
20. Teaching Non-teaching staff ratio: Teaching Staff: 29
Non-Teaching Staff: 12
21. Improvements in the library services: Access to 19911 volumes
Open access system to give free access to the doors of knowledge
Title, catalogue system is maintained to give easy access to
information about the books.
Use education through new arrival display.
Old bound Periodicals and Old Question Bank facility.
At the time of examination the books are issued to students
through deposit scheme.
22. New books/journals subscribed and
a) Books: No. of books purchased Value 347 Rs.38,955
b) Journals: No. of Journals Value
28 Rs. 16,481 23. Courses in which student assessment of
teachers is introduced and the action
taken on student feedback:
Student feedback is collected class wise/ subject wise every year
and Teacher wise analysis report are prepared on grades obtained by
them. The Principal of the college advices teachers on improvements
required based on feedback.
24. Feedback from Stakeholders: No written feedback is obtained from the stakeholders.
However, oral feedback is obtained from the stakeholders during
parent teachers meeting an Alumni Association meeting and suitable
actions are planned.
25. Unit cost of education: a) Excluding salary component: Rs. 5,692
b) Including salary component: Rs.22,007
26. Computerization of administration and
the process of admissions and
a) Partially administration especially of examination related works are
b) The admission committee is constituted in the beginning of the
c) The roster system is followed in admission process.
d) Weight age is given to sports persons and outstanding students.
e) Examination Results:
B.Com Course: NOV/DEC 2009
S I 97% 64 13 38 9 2
III 89% 57 16 24 10 1 V 95% 57 29 22 3 NIL
MAY / JUN 2010
S II 95% 63 26 29 5 NIL IV 97% 57 33 20 2 NIL VI 98% 56 40 12 3 NIL
Number of Students Scoring 100/100
Exam Semester Subject No. of students Nov/Dec 2009 V Business Maths 05 Nov/Dec 2009 V Business Statistics 09
April/May 2010 VI Management Accounting 01
April/May 2010 VI Quantitative Techniques 17
Semester PASS% Total Appeared Distinction I Class II Class Pass Class
I 64% 76 11 17 20 1 III 88% 65 12 38 6 V 98% 57 07 32 17 NIL
MAY / JUN 2010 SEMEST
ER PASS% Total
Appeared Distinction I
CLASS II CLASS PASS
CLASS II 63% 73 - 24 20 2 IV 80% 64 02 35 13 1 VI 92% 56 13 14 9 16
27. Increase in the infrastructural facilities: -Nil-
28. Technology up-gradation: Printers- 01
UPS System- 04
29. Computer and internet access and training to teachers and student:
Office rooms and Principals chamber is facilitated with Internet
Students are taught to use Internet in the computer lab.
30. Financial aid to students: Besides government scholarships for students the following
financial aid is also provided:
a) Poor Student Fund-Scholarship of Rs.400/- per student is distributed to 50 students.
b) Part payment of fees by the teachers to the deserving and needy students.
31. Activities and support from the Alumni
1988-89 students batch organized a day long get-together party
with the teaching and non-teaching staff in which they paid rich
tributes to all the members of the staff for their dedicated work.
On 12-11-2009 a meeting of Alumni Association was held and
new office bearers were elected for a term of 3 years.
32. Activities and support from the Parent-
No Parent-Teachers Association is formed by the college.
However parent-teachers meetings are held to access the progress of
the students & interactions are conducted for further development of
33. Health services: Every year health check-up of students is done by inviting a
34. Performance in sports activities: Sneha Priya R of III B.Com participated in National Federation
Cup National from 21/11/2009 to 30/11/2009 at Alwar(Rajastan)
& the team won 3rd place.
Sneha Priya R of III B.Com participated in Basket ball
Championship from 17/12/2009 to 19/12/2009 & the team won
the 2nd place.
Sneha Priya R of III B.Com participated in Senior Level National
Basketball championship from 03/01/2010 to 12/01/2010 and the
team won the 4th place.
Nalina T.V of III B.Com participated as a team member in Inter-
University player in Kho-Kho held at Annamalai University from
20/12/2009 to 24/12/2009
Nalina T.V of III B.Com participated as a team member in All India
Invitation Kho-Kho tournament 2010 held from 09/01/2010 to
Suchitra of II
Click here to load reader