2. Geographical position of Bulgaria
- Bulgaria is situated in the eastern part of the Balkan
Peninsula in Europe ,including parts of the historical-geographical
regions of Moesia, Thrace and Macedonia.
- On the east Bulgaria borders the Black Sea, to the west by
Serbia and Macedonia, to the north by Romania, on the south by
Greece and Turkey .
- Territory of the Republic Bulgaria is 110 910 km.
3. Bulgarian History
- Bulgaria was founded by Slavs in 681.
- In 1018 Bulgaria fell under Byzantine rule .
- From 1185, theSecond Bulgarian Empirere-established Bulgaria as
an importantpowerinThe Balkansfor two more centuries.In 1396
Bulgaria fell under Ottoman rule .
- In 1878 with the help of Russia, which organizes the
Russo-Turkish War, Bulgaria was able to get rid of slavery that
lasted nearly 5 centuries .
- Varied nature - a sea with a 380 km long coastal stripand
golden beaches .
- 16 mountains, over 550 curative mineral springs, dozen of
unique natural phenomena and 2000 caves, a healthy climate and
various flora and fauna.
5. Popular Sports
- The most popular sports in Bulgaria are football, volleyball,
basketball and tennis.
- Compared to other nations, Bulgarians prefer team sports.
- The most viewed sports are football and volleyball! Bulgaria is
proud of its football star D. Berbatov!
6. Traditional Bulgarian Food
- Bulgarian food includes many different kinds of meals.
- The most traditional dishes are Banitsa and Tarator. Banitsa
can be sweet-with pumpkin or salty-with cheese.
- A very popular ingredient in Bulgarian cuisine is the Bulgarian
- Martenitsa is a small piece of adornment, made of white and red
- Everyone putsa martenitsa on 1st March. At the end of March we
take our martenitsas off, hang them on a blossoming tree or leave
them under a stone and make a wish.
8. The MadaraH orseman
- The Madara horseman is the only rock relief in Europe from the
early middle ages.
- It is included in the World Cultural and Natural Heritage of
- The impressive monu-ment marks the victory of one of the
greatest Bul-garian rulers Khan Tervel.
9. The Rila Monastery
- The Rila Monasteryis the largest and most famous Eastern
monastery in Bulgaria .
- Founded in the 10th century, the Rila Monastery is regarded as
one of Bulgaria's most important cultural, historical and
10. Belogradchik Rocks
- The Belogradchik Rocks are a group of bizarrely shaped rocks
formation located on the western slopes of the Balkan Mountains.
Their fantastic shapes are associated with interesting
- The rocks are now nominated for a New Wonder of the World.
11. Sofia-the capital city of Bulgaria
- The statue of St.Sofia is the symbol of our city.
- It was built in 2001 in the center of Sofia!
12. The Church of St. George
- The Church of St. George is an Early Christian red brick
rotunda that is considered the oldest building in Sofia, the
capital of Bulgaria.
- It was built in 4th century AD.
13. Boyana Church
- It is one of oldest churches in world Heritage. In 1973 it was
added to the UNESCO list. There are many paintings on the walls.The
whole building was finished in 19 thcentury. The east wing of the
two-storey church was originally constructed in the late of 10 thor
11 thcentury, then the central wing was added in the 13
14. St. Alexander NevskyCathedral
- The St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is a Bulgarian Orthodox
cathedral in Sofia.It was completed in 1912 and its 45 m high.
- The church was built as a memorial to the Russian soldiers who
died in the Russo-Turkish Liberation war (1877-1878).
15. Sofia University
- Sofia University has 16 faculties and three departments, where
14,000 students receive their education.
- It has a university library, a university press, a computer
centre, a sports centre and several other structures.
- Most of our teachers graduated from this University.
16. Our school88 in Sofia 17. The school nameand general
- It is called Dimiter Popnickolov. He was a school director and
the founder of the first Bulgarian Parents School Association;
- Level of educationprimary, secondary and upper secondary ;
- Age of the students7-19 years old ;
- Number of students - 1100;
- Students study in the morning or in the afternoon.
18. This is an English language classroom. And this is
ourmultimedia room. 19. Our School Forum is the place where we
perform school plays, sing, act and watch shows. 20.
- We are working on two Comenius projects now. Our friends
visited Bulgaria in November.