Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 1
ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER
FG CHIPER Presentation: This manual is composed as follows:
- Generalities - Transport and storage - Description of the pump - Installation/Assembly - Start up - Maintenance and conservatio n - Faults: causes and solutions - Relative literature
Warning on safety: Symbols in this manual - In the pump:
General warning! Danger of physical harm! Danger! Do not touch rotating parts! Electrical Danger! ¡Peligro eléctrico!
Attention! CE conformity symbol!
SEDE CENTRAL Crta Molins de Rei a Rubí, km 8’7 08191 Rubí (Barcelona) Tel: 93.699.60.04 Fax: 93.697.16.09 Email: [email protected]
ZONA CENTRO c/ Oltra, 16 28028 Madrid Tel. 91.356.14.63 Fax: 91.361.00.63 Email: [email protected]
ZONA SUR Tel. 6220.127.116.11 Fax: 95.567.84.42 Email: [email protected]
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 2
1.- Generalities 1.1 - General safety instructions
- Before using the equipment, carefully read through this manual, it is necessary for your understanding and correct use of the pump and assures maximum performance whilst considering the safety of the worker.
- Use the pump only for the intended use and under controlled conditions. - Do not stay near rotating parts. - Clean the pump before their maintenance and inspection. - Observe local regulations when working with harsh chemicals, corrosive, toxic, flammable and
explosive. - Never remove safety symbols, keep them clean. - Always connect the ground. - The electric part of the pump should be handled with the pump stopped and WITHOUT TENSION,
the terminals box should be closed. - Use a proper handle to lift and handle the pump. - Do not leave excess cable in the well (the pump may be damaged). - Avoid leaving the top of the cable in the water as it could go inside the engine, causing a fault.
1.2 - Environment The main intention was to produce a product for ecological applications. In addition, the use of no-toxic lubricating oil to help prevent environmental pollution. The parts that are replaced during repair, maintenance or renewal, may contain materials harmful to the environment. That's why we ask careful when disposing of these parts. Follow local environmental regulations in this regard. The electric pumps can not be used for fuel or other chemicals and explosives (except equipment ATEX). 1.3 - Safety Standards
A. Operators who work in pumping stations of wastewater should be alert to the risk of diseases in the handling wounds. To avoid them, wear shoes, appropriate clothing, gloves, goggles and a gas mask if necessary. B. It is advised not to work a single operator. C. Mark the work area, especially if there is traffic. D. Ensure that the well or pit has enough oxygen. E. Ensure the electrical disconnection of the pumps before handling. F. Check that there is no risk of explosion before doing any welding.
1.4 - Tips for good installation The electrical equipment must be outside of the pit, protected from weather and possible leakage of gas from the pit.
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 3
The dimensions of the pit (volume) should allow not exceed the number of starts per hour recommended for each pump. ELECTRICAL CONNECTION
An electrical test performed by the technician before installing the pump, will verify that all are respected security measures, according to current standards. The electrical connection must be grounded installed according to the rules, and to provide a motor voltage to ±10% of the value of the plate. Perform calibration of protective relays whose value must be greater than the figure for the electric board of more than 5%. Once you put the engine running, check that the value of current (amps) does not exceed the figure of the plate. Not consent to the pump in pools and tubs of water, unless it is mounted a safety contactor. Request information from a qualified technician. Electrical connections must be protected from moisture. If there is the risk of flooding, the connections must be transferred to a protected area. If necessary extend the power cable, must be checked that it is of good quality and appropriate section in relation to length and engine power.
The union should be done by competent personnel and material to ensure the perfect insulation between conductors, the tightness and impermeability in time. The single phase pump is equipped as standard with a built-in thermal protection to protect it from voltage surges and possible blockages. For three-phase version is the responsibility of the user. In the single-phase version is also incorporated condenser. In the case of unemployment due to overheating, the pump is put back up after a cooling time of 15 minutes (while eliminating the causes of overheating), only single-phase model. 2. TECHNICAL INFORMATION 2.1 General The submersible pumps are designed primarily for pumping sewage. Construction details: - High efficiency motor, insulation class F (up to 155 º C). - Two independent mechanical seals in oil bath, forming an effective barrier between the pump and motor (depending on model). See product catalog, other models mechanical seal and lip seal. - Greased bearings for heavy duty long life.
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 4
After unpacking the pump and before installation, perform the following checkpoints:
1. Checking delivery: Check for any possible damage in transport, especially if the cable has been cut or damaged. Check the delivery of the entire pack. In the case of an incomplete delivery or damaged, please contact us immediately.
2. Oil Level: Check the oil level as indicated below. (Depending on model) 3. Power supply: Before making the electrical connections, check that the voltage and frequency
correspond to the data line of the plate. Connect the pump according to the wiring diagram starter. For examples of wiring diagrams and wire codes, see appendixes.
4. Thermal switches: If the pump is single phase is equipped with thermal switch. When the pump does not work, contacts are normally closed.
5. Cable entry: Verify that the entry of the cable is tight, especially when the pump has been stored for long periods of time. If necessary, tighten the entry.
6. Motor Protection: The pump must always be connected to the line through a suitable circuit breaker motor protection. If the pump is started directly on line (DOL), protection circuit breakers must correspond to the current nameplate of the pump. For star-delta starter is a good practice to install an overcurrent relay directly after the main contactor. In this case, the pump is also adequately protected-star connection. The maximum setting of overcurrent is 0.6 x the current given on the plate.
7. Checking the engine: If there is any doubt about the condition of the motor or cable, you should test Megger motor winding against the cable outlet. The phase to ground resistance should be at least 1 Mohm. Turn the impeller by hand clockwise by means of a key "T" appropriate and do not use excessive force (Fig. 1). If necessary, remove the outlet elbow. With this process, you release the cemented surfaces of mechanical seals.
8. Pieces of the installation: Make sure all parts have been delivered. See also Chapter 4. 9. Control the direction of rotation: In the single-phase models is not necessary control the direction
of rotation. In the three-phase version before starting the pump, check the rotation acting with maximum safety in the following way: Start the pump by observing the amount of water supplied. Stop it, and reversing each of the two phase conductors. Run it another time and compare the new capacity of water compared to the preceding observation. The correct direction of rotation corresponds to the increased capacity provided by the operation. We do not recommend turning the pump in reverse for longer than 3 minutes. Be careful! The recoil may be strong! (Fig. 2). Stay away from rotating parts!
10. Verification of current: Note the max current on the plate. Apply an ammeter to one of the phases during normal operation. Verify that the current is not higher than the value at the plate. If so, check: - Voltage (too low)? - Specific gravity or viscosity of the fluid (too high)? - Impeller clogged? - Direction of rotation correct?
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 5
If the problem can't be solved, contact us.
11. Average Temperature / Load max. Engine: When the average temperature is higher than 40 ° C, reduce the maximum engine load. The classification between average temperature and maximum motor current draw is listed below. Compare the data on the plate with the ammeter reading data. If the motor current consumption exceeds the max. of table motor, the pump is not adequate or should reduce the consumption of the engine. Consumption can be reduced by installing a smaller impeller. In this case you have to ask us.
Temperature ºC Current max. of motor %
40 100 50 95 60 90 70 80 80 70
12. Starting frequency: When the pump is controlled by faders, ON and OFF levels should be
adjusted so that the pump does not make more than 20 starts per hour. 13. Immersion depth min. and max.: The body of the motor must be submerged
at least 2 / 3 for continuous operation at full load (Fig. 3) submerged pump. It is good practice. When possible, keep the engine body completely under water. Not applicable if the pump has a refrigeration system. The maximum immersion depth is 20 m.
4 .INSTALLATION OPTIONS On submerged pumps, the following installations are available: V - Installation semisubmerged stationary with guides type V F - Installation semisubmerged , free fixing T - Installation transportable semisubmerged A - Submersible stationary 4.1 - Installation type V: Installation type V semisubmerged stationary. The pump is automatically coupled to the impulsion . Apart from the pump the following components are required: 1. Lower elbow, rubber joint and coupling adapter 2. A guide (not supplied) 3. Upper arm, 2 mounted inside the opening of the well 4. Level regulators to start, stop and alarm signals 5. Suspension level regulators and power cables 6. Pipe, valve, discharge elbows, etc..
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 6
Points to check before operation: - Both guides should be standing vertically (tolerance max. 3 º). - The installation angle should be about 10-15 ° (Fig. 4). If necessary, this angle can be changed by altering the position of the lifting book on the suspension arm on top of the motor. - Adjusting the start and stop so that the engine achieves no more than 20 starts per hour. - Check that the engine is cooled properly. The average minimum is 2/3 of the motor body (Fig. 5).
Fig. 4 Fig. 5
4.2 - Installation type F Free collocation: semi-submerged and semi-permanent installation.
The main accessories are: 1. Elbow hose connection or screw fixed to the pump. 2. Flexible hose or tubing. 3. Level regulators to start and stop, alarm signals.
Points to check before operation: Fig. 6 - Adjusting the start and stop so that the engine achieves no more than 20 starts per hour. - Check that the engine is cooled properly. The average minimum is 2/3 of the motor body (Fig. 6).
4.3 - Installation type T Semisubmerged transportable installation without coupling: The main accessories are:
1. Elbow hose connection or screw fixed to the pump. 2. Flexible hose.
Points to check before operation: fig. 7
- Do not let the pump from sinking into the mud. - Do not leave cable in the hole because it could be damaged by the pump. - Check that the engine is cooled properly. The average minimum is 2/3 of the motor body (Fig. 7).
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 7
5. MAINTENANCE 5.1 - General Always disconnect the pump from the mains before inspecting or disassembling. Clean the pump (totally). The body of the motor could be hot right off the pump. 5.2 - Projected maintenance (for mod. FLIP, FG, KV, FGT-600) After the first 20 hours of operation: - Check the oil level. - If more than a few drops of water in oil, contact us. Every 6 months or 500 hours of operation: - Check the oil level. - If more than a few cm ³ of water in oil, contact us. Change the oil every year or when it is not clear. 5.3 - Lubricants - The bearings are greased for all life and they not require greasing again. - The oil chamber is filled with oil TELLUS 46 or equivalent. It is an organic oil to safeguard the environment but can also be mixed with mineral type of oil. Viscosity: 32-46 cSt. - The quantity of oil for the grinder pumps is 0.6 liters. The pump ELIAS, can be equipped with the automatic version with float switch (buoy). However, if necessary to lengthen or shorten the distance between the point of attachment of the float and the float itself, ensure that in the minimum water level the switch stops the pump. Attention! The distance between the gripper and the float point should not be less than 10 cm. OPERATION
The pump must never run dry. Connect the plug into an outlet. The electric pumps with buoy are provided automatically as soon reached the maximum water level and stop when the level is minimal.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR: Unplug the pump before starting any maintenance job. Should the electric pump work incorrectly it is necessary to exclusively address a specialised workshop, authorised to make repairs. To open and modify the electric pump is allowed only under authorisation of the manufacturer. Only original spare parts should be used.
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 8
It should be remembered that we do not take any responsibility whatsoever for any damage to our electric pump if it has been opened and manipulated without our authorisation or that of an authorised workshop. The same goes for any non original spare parts that have been unduly assembled. The same conditions are valid for any eventual accessories supplied with the electric pump. Should the electric pump be used with liquids that leave deposits, it is recommended to effect frequent washing with clean water. To avoid eventual problems to the electric pump after long periods of use, we recommend a yearly control, always in a specialised workshop.
The following parts should be controlled during maintenance:
CONTROL SOLUTION Deterioration of the watertight joints Substitute for new ones
Deterioration of the impeller Substitute for a new one
Deterioration of O’rings Substitute for new ones. Never use damaged O’rings.
FAULTS: CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS CAUSE SOLUTION The pump does not start up
Lack of tension Control that it is plugged in and that there is tension on the line.
Blocked impeller Dismount the grid and verify that the impeller turns freely without dismounting it
The float is not working Manually activate the float and check that it rises in a normal way
The pump turns but the amount of water supplied is almost nil or nil Low speed due to insufficient tension Stop the pump. Control the tension and the electric
installation The water level is under the minimum of the suction
Stop the pump. Control the float on the automatic version
Blocked suction grid Clean the grid and eventually the hydraulic part Blocked discharge pipe Dismount the pipe and clean it The pump stops due to overheating and the consequent intervention of the motor thermal protection The electric supply does not conform to the data on the motor plaque
Unplug. The pump cannot be used on the existing installation.
Something solid has blocked the hydraulic part
Control the hydraulic part
The pump has operated dry. The pump has worked with very hot water
If the pump has not been damaged, after 15 min. the pump will automatically start up. Eliminate whatever caused the overheating
Manual - ELECTRIC SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS FOR WASTE WATER Page: 9
Departamento/Département/Department/Abteilung DECLARACIÓN C.E. DE CONFORMIDAD DIRECCIÓN TÉCNICA DÉCLARATIÓN C.E. DE CONFORMITÉ DIRECTION TECHNIQUE E.C. CONFORMITY DECLARATION TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT E.G. KONFORMITÄTSERKLÄR UNG TECHISCHE LEITUNG
DECLARAMOS bajo nuestra única responsabilidad que el equipo de trabajo: NOUS DÉCLARONS sous notre unique responsabilité que l’equipe de travail:
WE DECLARE, under our sole responsibility, that the product: WIR ERKLÄREN hiermit unter Verantwortung, dass die produkt:
Marca/Marque/Make/Marke Bomba Elias Tipo/Type/Type/Typ Sumergida Modelo/Modèle/Model/Modell C, CHIPER, FK, FG, FGt, FLIP Nº Serie/nº Série/Serial Nº/Seriennummer Año construcción/Année de construction/Year of manufacture/Baujahr 2011
se adapta a las normas: /s’adapte aux normes: / accords with the regulatión: /den folgenden Normen entspricht:
ha sido construido y es conforme con los requisitos esenciales de las Directivas: elle a été construite en conformité avec les conditions essentielles des Directives:
has been built in agreement with the essential requirements of the Directives: ist nach den wesentlichen Anforderungen der folgenden Richtlinien konstruiert worden:
Directiva de referencia: Directiva de Máquinas 2006/42/CE
Norma EN 809 (Seguridad de Máquinas) Directiva de Baja Tensión 2006/95/CE
Directiva EMC 2004/108/CE (Compatibilidad electromagnética)
Norma armonizada: EN 60 335-1 Aplicada en particular EN 60 335-2-41
Directive of reference: Machinery Directive 2006/42/CE
Standard EN 809 (Machinery Safety) Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/CE
Electromagnetic Compatibility EMC 2004/108/CE
Harmonised standard: EN 60 335-1. Applied in particular: EN 60 335-2-41.
Con exclusión de responsabilidades sobre las partes o componentes adicionados o montados por el cliente.
Avec exclusion de responsabilités concernant les parties ou les groupes ajoutés ou montés par le client. With no liability for the parts or components added or assembled by the customer.
Unter Haftungsausschlus für die vom Kunden beigestellten oder angebauten Teile order Baugruppen.
El fabricante / Le fabricant / The manufacturer / Der Hersteller
Fabricado por BOMBA ELIAS
Ctra. Molins de Rei a Rubí, km. 8,700 08191 – RUBI (BARCELONA) Teléfono: 34-(93) 699.60.04 / Fax: 93-697.16.09 Francisco Elias e-mail: [email protected] / página web: www.elias.es Administrador / Administrator