Share this document with a friend
- Church Fellowship and Dinner Saturday, November 14 at 1:00 Soups and such dinner Cloudland Canyon September 27, 2009
- God told Moses that in order for God to walk among them, have fellowship , defeat their enemies , supply their needs , and bless them:
- Deuteronomy 30 19 I call Heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life , that both thou and thy seed may live: 20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey His Voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him: for He is thy life, and the length of thy days: Choose Life! Live God's Way.
- God is giving Moses for the second time the contract by which the Israelites must live, If they will have God among them. The Ten Commandments Drive out the idol worshippers
- Honor God with Firstfruits Honor God with a day per week set aside unto Him. That requires trust: That God will make 90% exceed 100% That God will make six days of work more productive that seven days.
- 22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. 23 Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord GOD, the God of Israel.
- 24 For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year. No time lost to defending their land. Give God three weeks and He would save them months or years of warfare.
- No other people would even want their land, as long as they obeyed God. When we trust God enough to do all things His Way, there is no limit to what God will do for us.
- 25 Thou shalt not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the Passover be left unto the morning. 26 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk. Impatien t and prideful people get irritated with repetition, but it's a tactic of God .
- 25 Thou shalt not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leaven; Proverbs 15 8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is HIS delight. For wicked people to offer sacrifices to God is hypocrisy and abomination .
- 27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these Words: for after the tenor of these Words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. Moses wrote the Words of God other than the Ten Commandments;
- 28a And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. Jesus fasted forty day and nights one time; preparing to be tempted by the devil. He defeated the devil in every temptation because He was prepared in His Spirit. He answered the devil with the Word of God . Alone with God, denying the flesh: That brings the Power of God .
- 28b And He (God) wrote upon the tables the Words of the Covenant, the Ten Commandments. Every Word of God is good and pure. It's not given for us to debate and discuss . It's not given for our entertainment in a speech. God's Words are given for us to live by .
- 29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two Tables of Testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him. 30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him. Time in close communion with God will change us. People will see the difference.
- 31 And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them. 32 And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that the Lord had spoken with him in Mount Sinai. 33 And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a veil on his face. Most people are scared of the Power of God. Keep it vanilla; Don't do much. Don't expect much.
- 34 But when Moses went in before the Lord to speak with Him, he took the veil off, until he came out. We have to be open and honest before God: No veils to cover our sins No masks to disguise who we really are.
- 34b And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded. 35 And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with Him. Moses gave the people all that God gave Him. Every shepherd of God's sheep must do that.
- What have we learned today? We have clearly seen that if we want the Presence and Power of God among us We must trust Him enough to obey Him in all things.