Machining SimulatorIntegrated Part Design and Production Simulation for
Education Platform Covering the Manufacturing Processfrom Idea to Realization
Machine Simulation for Education
Learning to design and manufacture parts has always been difficult
– CAD/CAE is taught in classrooms– CAM requires CNC machine knowledge– CNC operations requires a machine tool
FANUC Machining Simulator integrates all these engineering areas into one self-contained package for the classroom
• CAD, CAE, CAM• CNC Operation
• CNC programming•Machine operation
• Program/part prove-out
Complete workflow from idea to virtualized manufacturing in one compact enclosure. Designed from the beginning for use in education.
• Custom Machine Simulation by ModuleWorks• Autodesk Fusion 360 CAD/CAM• FASBacCNC for program transfer • FANUC 0i-F Hardware Simulator
– 3-Axis Mill– 2-Axis Lathe
Integrated Education Solution for CNC Machining
Customer supplies keyboard, mouse, monitor and Ethernet connection. USB sound card and speaker if desired.
The simulator is the same layout as used in industry. Learning CNC operation is as easy as using a real FANUC hardware simulator.
• FANUC 0i-F CNC• Compact and lightweight enclosure• Automatic and manual operation• Manual Guide i Included• Switchable between mill/lathe
– 3-Axis Mill– 2-Axis Lathe
Industry Standard FANUC 0i-F
FASBacCNC is included for easy program transfer to the CNC.
FASBacCNC can also be used to backup the CNC for easy recovery in case of inadvertent changes to the setup.
Easy Program Transfer and CNC Backup
CNC Program Transfer
Mill and Lathe Simulation for Education
Realistic CNC position based machine simulation for both milling and turning. Easy and intuitive setup and operation. Virtually manufacture and then save the final machined parts designed in the classroom.
• Realistic kinematics and structure• 3-axis milling supported• Easy workpiece setup with STL import• Real-time collision detection with color and sound• 21-tool changer
• Tool length and diameter freely assigned• Tool L/D can be imported/exported from CNC• Realistic tool changes
• Easy machine interaction• Pan, zoom, rotate • Open/close door• Hide housing and machine• Machine, tool or part oriented view
• Fully functional 2-axis virtual turning center• Collision detection with color and sound• Easy workpiece setup with STL import• 12-tool turret
• OD/ID turning with rough and finish tools• OD/ID grooving with square and round nose• OD/ID threading• Center drill, drill and parting tool• Realistic tool changes
• Easy machine interaction• Pan, zoom, rotate • Open/close door• Hide housing and machine• Section view of part• Machine, tool, part oriented view
Color-Coded Tool Path with Backplot
Each tool/insert can be set to a unique color and the tool path backplot can be displayed in the same color as the tool/insert. The cut location will also be displayed in the color of the tool being used. These features allow for easy identification of the tool, path and cutting result.
Collisions are detected between the machine/tooling and between tool-holder/part. A crash will also be detected if the spindle is not turning when contact is made. A crash will change the affected locations to red and a crash sound can be heard if a sound card is installed.
The IP address and port come preconfigured to the CNC. The software will auto-detect Mill or Lathe on startup. If a connection is not established, manual settings can be made.
Workpieces can be automatically set based on the stock file exported from Fusion 360 (STL file) or manually entered.
Mill tooling can be imported/exported from the CNC or manually set. Lathe tools are preconfigured. Tool colors and names can be changed.
• CPU: 4-Core Celeron N3160 @1.6GHz• RAM: 8GB• SSD: 32GB (~15GB free)• OS: Windows Embedded Standard 64-bit• Ports:
• USB - 2.0 x 2, 3.0 x 2• VGA x 1• Ethernet x 1
• User to provide:• Monitor or projector• USB mouse and keyboard• Network connection (For Fusion 360)• Optional USB sound card and speakers
FANUC America is helping to close the skills gap with innovative education solutions for manufacturing and automation