2. Making Technology Invisible! Plug and teach/learn? Integrated cross platform: tools kit easy to use
3. Future proong versus future shock! How do we ensure our investment in people, facilities and technology will stand the test of time?
4. Excellence is everywhere: World class research Cutting edge Higher graduate salaries Excellent teaching Excellent facilities
5. Hype Cycle for Higher Education, 2008 The priority for higher education institutions in 2008 is to balance its continued focus on organizational efciency with the uptake of innovative technologies that improve personal productivity
6. Why did students go for it? Ines connected with Amina, 2008, by Catherine Balet
7. Digital Natives/ Digital Immigrants In recent years there have been changes in the aspirations, economic realities, commitment and progression of our students. Our students have changed radically. Todays students are no longer the people our educational system was designed to teach. Marc Prensky
8. Key ndings 67% of students The Impact of Web-Based Lecture compared 30% of staff Technologies on Current and Future Practices in Learning and Teaching agreed that WBLT help http://www.cpd.mq.edu.au/teaching/wblt/overview.htm students achieve better Maree Gosper | David Green | Margot McNeill | Rob Phillips | Greg Preston | Karen Woo results April, 2008 80% of students compared with 49% of staff agreed that WBLT made it easier for students to learn
9. Where Next? Working with colleagues Using Podcasting as: - Assessment - Feedback Screencasts