study sheets to help you! You must
attempt every question for full credit!
Page 2 of 12
Midterm Review HW #1
1. Based on the construction below, which statement must be
2. In the diagram of below, point F is the centroid of . If = 4 and
= 22, determine each of the
A. = ___________
B. = ___________
C. = ___________
D. = ___________
a. Find m<QPT
b. Find m<HQP
c. Find m<QPH
4. ΔDEG and ΔEGF are isosceles. m∠EDG = 64º Find m∠GEF.
Page 3 of 12
5. Which transformation would result in the perimeter of a triangle
being different from the perimeter of its image?
1) 2) 3) 4)
6. Segment WX is the perpendicular bisector of YZ at E. Which pair
of segments do not have to be congruent?
(1) , (3) ,
(2) , (4) ,
7. Triangle ABC and triangle DEF are graphed on the set of axes
below. Which sequence of transformations maps
triangle ABC onto triangle DEF?
1) a reflection over the x-axis followed by a reflection over the
2) a 180° rotation about the origin followed by a reflection over
3) a 90° clockwise rotation about the origin followed by a
reflection over the y-axis
4) a translation 8 units to the right and 1 unit up followed by a
rotation about the origin
8. In the diagram of to the right , prove WY ZX .
Page 4 of 12
9. Construct a line perpendicular to segment AB that goes through
10. Construct a perpendicular bisector to a line from a point not
11. Given: , Using a compass and straightedge, construct the
bisector of RAT . [Leave all construction
marks.] What can you conclude?
Page 5 of 12
12. Given: , Construct: the perpendicular bisector of side [Leave
all construction marks.] What can you
14. If and its image, , are graphed on a set
of axes, under each transformation
1) 2) 3)
16. Given the diagram below, determine the value of x.
17. In the diagram below of , D is the midpoint of ,
and E is the midpoint of . If , which
expression represents DE?
18. In the diagram below, four pairs of triangles are
shown. Congruent corresponding parts are labeled in
each pair. Using only the information given in the
diagrams, which pair of triangles can not be proven
19. Using the information given below, which set of triangles
can not be proven similar?
20. Which rigid motion will verify that ΔABC is congruent
to ΔDEF as shown at the below?
 Side-Angle-Side (SAS)
 Angle-Side-Angle (ASA)
 Side-Side-Side (SSS)
 Angle- Angle Side- (AAS)
22. ln the accompanying diagram, medians , , and intersect at
a) What is point P called?
b) If = 7, find the length of .
c) If = 48, find the length of and .
d) If = 5 + 2 and = 13 − 2. Find and
23. Given the theorem, “The sum of the measures of the interior
angles of a triangle is 180°,” complete the proof for this
Page 8 of 12
Midterm Review HW #3
24. In the diagram below of , , , and , what is the value of
25. In the diagram below of , . If , , and , what is the length of
26. In triangles ABC and DEF, , , , , and . Is ? Explain your
the triangles are similar, write the similarity statement.
27. In the diagram below, bisects at B, and bisects
at C. Which statement is always true?
congruent to ΔDEF, as shown below?
 reflection in the y-axis
 reflection in the x-axis
 reflection in the line y = 1
 translation T0,-2
Page 9 of 12
29. Given ΔABC, midpoints M and N, MN = 5x - 6 and CB = 48, find
30. Given the triangles shown at the right. Which rigid motion will
verify that ΔABC is congruent to ΔDEF?
31. Given: ΔABC∼ΔDEC, determine AB.
32. Two poles are leaned against a wall such that they make the
same angle with the ground. The 18' pole reaches 12' up the
wall. How much further up the wall does the 22' pole reach, to the
nearest tenth of a foot?
Page 10 of 12
Page 11 of 12
34. CAT and its image DOG , are graphed on the set of axes shown.
Describe a single transformation, or
sequence of transformations that map CAT onto DOG .
35. ABC and its image PQR , are graphed on the set of axes shown.
Describe a single transformation, or
sequence of transformations that map ABC onto PQR .
Page 12 of 12