The economyand fundraising
A look at our groups in 2009. How do you stack up?
Cornerstone strategies -Website optimization
-Communication direct vs. email
-Data management, reporting, etc.
Relationship Management CRM tools
Whats New @ eTapestry?!
How eTapestry can help you succeed
3. How is the economy effecting giving?
Donors plan to give less through direct mail, telemarketing, door-to-door canvassing and MORE through online giving and in kind gifts instead of cash
Overall Online Gifts have increased 26% in 200
Donors are tired ---SEGMENT to avoid fatigue
More competition for fewer dollars
Your services are needed more
Increase need for accountability
THE MORE PEOPLE DO WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION, THE LARGER THEIR GIVING AND ENGAGEMENT!
4. How did our organizations fare in 2009?
Average results for over 2500 of our current customers
Organization Type Comparison
Public and Social Services
Geographic Region Comparison
5. Benchmark Giving Dynamics Report
6. 7. The basic rules still apply
Fundraising is still about relationship building
8. Todays environment is a little different:
9. Whos Behind the Money?
10. So, what do you need to do to keep your supporters loyal?
Prompt, personalized acknowledgement
Confirmation that gifts are being used as intended
46% of donors say theyll stop giving if they dont get quality information about how their gift is used
Cant see the impact of their gift unless you show them!
Results on outcomes, prior to being asked again
93% said theyd definitely give the next time if they are provided meaningful information
11. Building out your strategy: AcquisitionCultivation
12. WebsiteAdvanced EmailEcommerceDonor Database
eTapestry has built and hosts over 270 websites
Your website is the first place a donor will go to get information on your organization and it takes less than a minute to gain or loose a possible donor
14. Do you have an online social media strategy? Whatis happeningwhen? Get involvedDonateonlineContactusUpcoming events
15. Keys to Building a Successful Web Site
16. Start with Google Analytics to see how many unique visitors you have, how they found you 17. Whatdid they viewed, where they stayed the longest, and what content produced actions 18. Make your content easy to consume 19. Always offer RSS feeds in addition to various subscribe options.Make sure they are easy to find and use 20. Make your content ever changing 21. Be brave enough to blog, show responses, share viewpoints, and utilize forums. New information needs to be added daily or weekly by you and your community. Why do you think millions go to Facebook or Twitter by the minute 22. Make your site easy to find 23. Every NPO and those serving NPOs should have a social web presence. Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Flickr are your outposts linking back to the web site hub!
Click here to load reader