1. Gary Kayye, CTS HOW TO BRAND YOURSELF A Workshop on Personal Branding [email protected] edu @NMTIFAMP @BrandingOfMe @gkayye
2. WHO AM I?
3. $ = Brand Perfection
4. WHY CARE? 1
5. You are a BRAND People like buying from humans, not companies People trust people The better the brand, the more you can charge Personal Branding makes you stand out Oh, thats why youre here, right? 1WHY CARE?
6. HOW? 2
7. Trust creates loyalty and loyalty evangelizes fans Education is the best form of advertising Relationship marketing is friend-based Respond to everyone, timely Under-promise & over-deliver Be consistent 2 HOW?
8. BUSINESS V. PERSONAL
9. BRANDING STEPS
10. BRANDING STEPS Rethink what you are using social media for Everything public has to help you build or maintain your brand Be personal and sometimes even intimate Evaluate posts: Helpful vs. Not Helpful to my brand The Line: Confidence vs. Arrogance No politics - ever (unless your a politician)
11. BRANDING TOOLS
12. BRANDING TOOLS Facebook: Personal Consumer-Centric (B2C) Everyones on it Peer Review Future of Ads Proactive and Engaging
13. BRANDING TOOLS Twitter: Supports other SM News-Centric (retweet) Followers= Permission Marketing Thought Leadership Personal vs. Company?
14. BRANDING TOOLS LinkedIn: A Dynamic Resume/CV Simple Business People Connectivity Great for Portfolios Thought Leadership Blog
15. BRANDING TOOLS Google+: GIANT SEO Benefit True, No One Uses it Users = Evangelists Duplicate Posts, OK Great Video Training Platform
16. BRANDING TOOLS
17. PERSONALITY V. OVER-SHARING
18. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT TOOLS Hootsuite: Free Can Schedule and Manage Social Media Feeds Time, Date and Format Buffer: Free Can ALL Schedule Social Media Feeds Time, Date and Format
19. The Ultimate SME Weapon Consistently Stream of Consciousness Writing LinkedIn is good enough but your own blog is best Share it like crazy! Then, share it again
20. Gary Kayye, CTS GETTING YOUR BLOG NOTICED What you can do to build a brand via your blog
21. REMEMBER THE BASICS OF SEO #1
22. WRITE KILLER HEADLINES #2
23. COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT with LinkBacks #3
24. SHARE (TOP AND BOTTOM) #4
25. TELL YOUR FRIENDS VIA SOCIAL MEDIA 1. Register your blog: A. Screbnia B. BlogEngage C. AllTop 2. Update your Email Signature to include your blog and social media accounts 3. Always post all blog posts on your Social Media - consider a URL to your blog on all Social Media profiles 4. Add it to your LinkedIn Profile and Business Cards 5. In the beginning, ask your friends to help! #5
26. GUEST BLOG with LinkBacks (Industry Pubs, Local Pubs, Huff Post, Thought Catalog, etc.) #6
27. NO ONE EVER WENT BROKE UNDERESTIMATING THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC Keep it Simple