The Role of Influencers in Shopper Marketing
Share this document with a friend
- 1. The Role of Inuencers in Shopper Marketing Social inuencers are the best tool to have in your shopper marketing toolbox. From launching new products to attracting new audiences, the number of roles they can play along the path to purchase is truly effective. Ready to make an impact?
- 2. Inuencer marketing. Inuencer marketing. Inuencer marketing. The phrase saw a massive uptick in searches in 2015 because of its role in disrupting advertising, shaking up creative agencies and causing brands, PR agencies and everyone in between to jump in the fray to get their piece of the reported $6.85 made in revenue per dollar invested. Studies have shown that 92 percent of consumers trust recommendations from other people even ones they dont know- over branded content. Social inuencers are the bridge between branded content and todays hyper-connected, advertisement-shunning consumers. Want to make the jump? Inuencer Marketing 2
- 3. As much as 85 percent of new product launches in the CPG category fail each year, according to Nielsen. That percentage creeps even higher for the general market. With such a staggering failure rate, how are brands to overcome this? Utilize inuencer-crafted content showcasing the new products and how everyday people use them. Consumers are more motivated to try new products when they can see how people like them are using the products to make their lives better, easier, more entertaining, etc. A shopper is as a shopper does. New Product Launches one Eureka partnered with Collective Bias to help spread the word about Eureka Brushroll Clean, their new self-cleaning brushroll product, the rst of its kind for the vacuum industry. Eureka utilized inuencers to share those OMG this technology is life changing moments with their audiences. Inuencers encouraged their audience to drop the scissors and stop manually cutting the hair and tangled debris out of their brushroll. Inuencers showed before and after shots, compared this vacuum to their previous vacuum, and shared their overall excitement about how they are now #CleaningUntangled. #CleaningUntangled Campaign Eureka Partner Tonya of tonyastaab.com Influencer 3
- 4. Everyone wants their products to stand out amongst competitors on a crowded shelf, especially in utilitarian categories. When we inspire consumers to use a product in more than one way, the need to buy more product increases and we then see sales increase. Inuencers are champions at creating new usage occasions for products without it being too outlandish for their followers to actually try. New Usage Occasions two Take Chobani for example: When the brand wanted to stand out amongst competitors at Krogers Family of Stores, they activated a Shopper Social Media campaign to incite new usage occasions for consumers. The campaign focused on Smoothie Week with social inuencers being challenged to come up with new and creative smoothie recipes using various avors of Chobani Greek Yogurt and fresh fruit from Kroger Family of Stores. Through the inuencers unique recipes and mouthwatering photography content, Chobani Greek Yogurt products became much more than just yogurt in a cup - it was the hero ingredient for a massive range of healthy smoothie options. The campaign resulted in over 33K engagements from 22 blog posts and a 2.4x mROI for the brand. Talk about a smooth idea. Chobani Partner Kroger Family of Stores Partner Influencer saltycanary.com 4
- 5. download the whitepaper Ready to learn more? Social inuencers are the best tool to have in your shopper marketing toolbox. From launching new products to attracting new audiences, the number of roles they can play along the path to purchase is truly effective. Ready to make an impact?