ARCH PHARMALABS LIMITED
USER REQUIREMENT SPECIFICATION
TITLE : CREATION OF EXPORT DOCUMENTATION
DOCUMENT NO.: URS/SD/003VERSION No. : 01
EFFECTIVE DATE :07/06/2010SUPERSEDES: NILPAGE: 12 of 13
1.0Purpose:Creation of Pre-Shipment & Post-Shipment Documents.
To define the user requirement specifications for Export Documentation3.0
Process Description :Pre-Shipment Documents :-1) Receiving Packing List from the Factory :- After the creation of Sales Order, we receive Packing List from the Factory once the material is packed and ready for despatch. Packing List specifies the Batch Nos., Mfg. Date, Exp. Date, Total Gross Weight, Total Tare Weight, Total Net Weight, No. of Drums
2) Licence Copy :- Licence Copy is required for mentioning the Licence Details along with the exempted raw materials details for the quantity to be exported in the Pre-Shipment Invoice as per the Customs Requirement.
3) Drug Mfg. Licence Copy :- Drug Mfg. Licence Copy is required in case of export of drug and it is mentioned in the Pre-Shipment Invoice and Label as it is required by the Customs Authorities.
4) Creation of Pre-Shipment Documents :- Pre-Shipment Invoice is created with the help of the Purchase Order, Sales Order, Packing List, Licence Copy & Drug Mfg. Lic copy and following documents are required :-
a) Pre-Shipment Invoice (ERP)
b) Pre-Shipment Packing List (ERP)
c) FOB Calculation (Excel Sheet)
(Same as created at the time of Sales Order) d) Airway Bill Instructions / Bill of Lading Instructions
e) Shipping Marks & Label (Word Document)
f) Non DGR Certificate / DGR Certificate (Word Document)
(DGR Certificate is prepared as per the format of the Freight Agents and it various depending upon the Freight Agents)
g) EDI & SDF Form (Word Document)
h) Drug Mfg. Licence Copy (Incase of Drug)
5) Co-ordination with Logistics Team :- The above Pre-Shipment
Documents are forwarded to the Logistics Team for the Custom
Clearance of the Material.6) Freight Agents :- Airway Bill Instructions are forwarded to the
Freight Agents so as to enable them to create the Airway Bill.7) Factory Documents :- Factory forwards documents such as ARE 1, Excise Invoice and Coas which is required for the custom clearance of the material and the same documents are forwarded to the Logistics Department so as to enable them to clear the material from Customs8) Logistics Documents :- Airway Bill and Shipping Bill is forwarded by the Logistics Dept after the material is cleared from the customs and loaded into the Aircraft. Incase of Sea Shipment after the receipt of the Shipping Bill following documents are forwarded to the Freight Agents on the basis on which they release the Bill of Lading a) Bill of Lading Instructions
b) Custom Attested Invoice
c) Packing List
d) Measurement Slip (Forwarded by the Logistics Team in case of
LCL shipments only) (LCL means Loose Container Load which
means only a part of container is booked and FCL means Full
container Load which means Full Container is booked)
e) Shipping Bill
9) Post Shipment Documents :- Once AWB / B/L & Shipping Bill is received following Post-Shipment documents are prepared :-a) Invoice (ERP)b) Packing List (ERP)c) Airway Bill / Bill of Lading (Freight Agents)d) Certificate of Analysis (Factory)e) Certificate of Origin / GSP (If required) (Manually typed)f) Shipment Advice (If required) (Manual in Word Document)g) Weight & Measurement List (If required) (Manual in Excel)h) Beneficiarys Certificate (In Case of L/C Shipments) (Manually in Word Document)i) Form 9 (In case of Bangladesh Shipment) (In Word Document)j) Form 3 & 7 (In case of Pakistan Shipment) (In Word Document)k) Bill of Exchange I & II (Manually in Word Document) 10) Freight Bill :- Payment Request is created against the Freight Bill
which is raised by the Freight Agents for the services rendered.
Payment Request is forwarded to the Finance Dept. for the executive
of the payment and on the receipt of the cheque from the Finance
Dept. the same is forwarded to the Freight Agents.
11) Approval and Authorization :- Post-Shipment Invoice and Packing
List is approved by the Export Dept. while the authorization is done
by the Accounts Dept.
12) Finance Dept. & Other Dept. :- Full Set of Original documents
mentioned above are forwarded to the Logistics Dept. so as to enable
them to forward the same to the respective Bank for negotiation.
Copy of Invoice, AWB or B/L & Shipping Bill is given to the following departments :-
a) Marketing Dept. (Copy of all the documents)
b) Excise Dept. (Including copy of Insurance if any)
c) Accounts Dept.
12) Documents from Logistics Dept. :- EP Copy of Shipping Bill i.e Export Promotion Copy of Shipping Bill is received from the Logistics after the shipment is taken place. Incase of Airway shipment the time limit is 7-8 days after shipment and in case of Sea shipment the time limit is 2-3 months.
13) Creation of BRC :- Bank Realisation Certificate is prepared on the receipt of the payment from the customer. This is the confirmation from the Bank that the Export Proceeds have been realised. This
document is required for the regularisation of the Advance
Licences and DEPB Claims. Following documents are required for the creation of BRC :-
a) Bank Advice ( Payment Advice on receipt of payment from the customer)
b) EP Copy of the Shipping Bill
(Export Promotion Copy of the Shipping Bill is received from the customs once the Export has taken place. Time Limit :- Around 7-10 days in case of Air Shipment and 2-3 months in case of Sea Shipment.)
c) Copy of Invoice
d) Copy of Airway Bill / Bill of Lading
e) Copy of Insurance Certificate
f) Copy of Freight Bill
g) Mate Receipt (In case of Sea Shipments)
BRC is issued in triplicate which is submitted to the Bank for
endorsement. BRC IS CREATED BY THE LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT IN WORD FORMAT. EXCEPTIONS / VARIATIONS :-
1) End Use Declaration + Import Permit is also received with the Purchase Order
2) Avon releases Delivery Order in Word Format instead of Sales Order
3) Avon applies for Export Permit on the basis of the Import Permit received from the customer and following documents are required for the same :-a) Customer background info.
b) Packing List
c) Import Permit from the Customer
d) English Translation copy of Import Permit (If required)
e) End-Use Certificate
f) Demand Draft for Rs. 560/-
g) Purchase Order
h) Drug Mfg. Lic. Copy of Manufacturing Site
(Time frame :- 5-6 Weeks)
4) Pre-Shipment documents i.e Invoice and Packing List is
prepared by the Logistics Dept. on the basis of Packing list
received from the Factory.5) Avon does not have their own Logistics activity. They forward
the Pre-Shipment Documents to the Freight Agents and
clearance part is carried out by them and forward the Airway
Bill / Bill of Lading + Shipping Bill to the logistics Dept. at Avon
6) Post-Shipment documents are prepared by the Logistics Dept.
and forwarded to Bank through Finance Dept.
7) Freight Agents provide the EP copy of the Shipping Bill to the
8) Payment follow up is done by the Logistics Team with the
Finance team and on the receipt of the payment from the
customer on due date, BRC is prepared by the Finance Team.
9) Upon receipt of the debit notes for commission from the
customer, Commission reports are updated and follow up is
done with the Finance Dept. for the remittance.Export Sample Execution :- 1) Receiving Packing List from the Factory :- After the creation of Sample Sales Order, we receive Packing List from the Factory once the material is packed and ready for despatch. Packing List specifies the Batch No., Mfg. Date, Exp. Date, Gross Weight, Tare Weight, Net Weight of the sample packed.2) Contacting Freight Agents :- Freight Agents are contacted wherein they are informed about the sample to sent to the respective destination and the Freight Rates are finalized and also discuss about the necessary documents required by them for the clearance of the sample.
3) Sample Documentation :- Following Documents are required to be
prepared :-a) Invoice
b) Packing List
c) Certificate of Analysis
e) End-Use Certificate
f) Flow Chart
g) Declaration (If the Goods are Dangerous)
h) Declaration (That the material is sent as free sample and not for sale)
i) Any other documents as required by the Freight Agents.4) Freight Agents :- Documents are forwarded to the Freight Agents and they go ahead with the clearance activities and on the despatch of the sample they provide us the Airway Bill for the same.5) Informing Customer :- Customer is informed that the sample
is being despatached from our end and necessary despatch details
are provided to them.