BALA VALVE SYSTEM
Ver. 4.5 MN BALA VALVE English
YUDO BALA VALVE GATE SYSTEM
Thank you for using YUDO Hot Runner System. YUDO fabricated Hot Runner System with its best efforts so that customers can use it most easily. However, there are many parts for customers to pay attention because it is a technical product. Please read this manual well and use it. YUDO reserves the right to change the provisions of these descriptions and specifications at any time without notification to customers. Please discuss with YUDO in advance when technical support is needed.
1. Basic Structure of YUDO Hot Runner System 1-1 Basic Structure of Cylinder
1-2 Basic Structure of Nozzle 2. Outline of Hot Runner System 3. Kinds of Hot Runner System
3-1 Open Gate, Shut Off Gate, Valve Gate
3-2 Comparison of features between hydraulic and pneumatic type in Valve Gate
3-3 Comparison of features between Valve Gate and Open Gate
4. Features and Use Effect of Valve System 5. Meaning of YUDO Open Nozzle Standard
5-1 BALA 45 Series (Valve VV Type) Specification
5-2 Shape and symbol of gate 5-3 Machining of Cylinder Part
5-4 Nozzle part machining
5-5 Gate part machining 5-6 Machining of Locating Ring Part
5-7 Machining of Lead Wire Slot Part
5-8 MODU Plate Machining (Clamping Plate, Spacer Block, Hold Plate)
5-9 Machining of Sequence System Part
5-10 Machining of Connecting System Part
6. Check Items of Hot Runner System 6-1 Check of Hot Runner System Part 6-2 Electric Check of Hot Runner System
6-3 Dimensional Check of Hot Runner System
6-4 Check items of Gate Park
7. Assembly of Hot Runner System (MODU System) 8. Operation of Hot Runner System
8-1 Installation 8-2 Caution before operation
8-3 Maintenance 9. Disassembly and Assembly
9-1 Disassembly and assembly when replacing various O rings of cylinder
9-2 Disassembly and assembly when replacing nozzle heater and T/C
10. How to Recognize Product Standard and System 11. Trouble and Countermeasure
11-1 Not being heated 11-2 Valve pin is not operating or not smooth
11-3 Occurrence of carbonization 11-4 Defect in gate mark 11-5 Resin leakage
11-6 In case that resin leaks on manifold but heater is not disconnected.
11-7 In case that resin leaks on manifold, heater is not disconnected, and coolant leaks
to destroy insulation of heater.
11-8 In case that manifold heater is disconnected.
1. Basic Structure of YUDO Hot Runner System
Hot Runner and Mold Parts List
No Description No Description
1 Locating Ring 31 Gate Bush 2 Socket Head Cap Bolt 32 Cylinder Cover 3 Clamping Plate 33 Housing 4 Spacer Plate 34 Piston Out 5 Holding Plate 35 Piston In 6 Cavity Plate 36 Snap Ring 7 MODU Assy Bolt(B2) 37 O Ring 8 Mold Assy Bolt(B1) 38 Glyd Ring 9 Socket Head Cap Bolt 39 Wear Ring
10 Center Pin Cover 40 Valve Pin 11 Center Pin 41 Power +T/C Connector 12 Nozzle Locator 42 Solenoid Valve 13 Socket Head Cap Bolt 43 Signal Connector 14 Support Pad 44 One Touch Nipple 15 Pin Guide Bush 45 Silencer 16 Upper Insulation Pad
17 Manifold Block
18 Lock Pin
19 Socket Head Cap Bolt
20 Lower Insulation Pad
21 Dowel Pin 22 Dowel Pad
23 Manifold Thermocouple 24 Sheath Heater 25 Seal Ring 26 Nozzle Body
27 Tube Heater
28 Snap Ring
29 Nozzle Tip
30 Nozzle Thermocouple
1) Basic Structure of Cylinder The role of cylinder is very important in valve gate system.
Cylinder is installed on clamping plate and is operated by signal from injection machine.
Cylinder opens and closes gate by moving valve pin forward and back, which is fixed on piston.
The cylinder provided by YUDO is basically for use of air pressure, and a minimum of 6bar is necessary.
When it should be needed to use oil pressure, make decision after consulting with YUDO, then maximum oil pressure, must not exceed 30bar
Cylinder Parts List
No Description VC5804G VC6806G VC7810G 1 Bolt M6*15-4EA 2 Housing 57.9*51 67.9*54.8 77.9*59.5 3 Cylinder Cover 80*16.5 90*18 110*18 4 Snap Ring C42 C32 C42 5 Piston Out 39.6*21.5 49.6*23.5 59.6*23.5 6 Valve Pin 4 6 10 7 Piston In 25.9*33.4 31.9*34 36.9*36 8 Viton O Ring ARP 221 ARP 224 ARP 228 9 Viton O Ring ARP 226 ARP 229 ARP 232
10 Glyd Ring GS55044-0400 ARP 216 GS55044-0500
ARP 222 GS55044-0600
ARP 228 11 Viton O Ring ARP 115 ARP 120 ARP 123 12 Viton O Ring ARP 219 ARP 223 ARP 227 13 Viton O Ring ARP 225 ARP 228 ARP 231 14 Viton O Ring ARP 114 ARP 115 ARP 115 15 Wear Ring B=2.5 T=1.55 16 Viton O Ring ARP 212 ARP 212 ARP 212
2) Basic Structure of Nozzle
Nozzle serves a route to feed the resin injected by injector to cavity, and is a device to maintain resin at constant temperature until it is injected. Nozzle may be used by selecting proper specification according to injection amount, and selecting proper type of nozzle according to shape or characteristics of gate part.
Nozzle Parts List
No Description BALA 18 BALA 25 BALA 35 BALA 45 Qty Remark1 Cu Ring 222.3t 322.3t 1
2 Nozzle 38L 50L 60L 70L 1
3 Nozzle T/C NZTPIC or NZTPCA 1
4 Nozzle Heater HTFR1518 HTFR3625 HTFR3635 HTFR3645 1
5 Valve Pin 4*L 4L 6L 10L 1
6 Valve Tip 12.5*44 1651.5 2262 3071.5 1
7 Snap Ring ACRICS000180 ACRICS000250 ACRICS000350 ACRICS000450 1
8 VV Type None None None None 1
9 VA Type 2515 3520 4525 5532 1
10 VAE Type 2530 3550 4565 5577 1
11 VF Type 2518 3825 4830 5835 1
12 LVA Type 4430 5440 6450 7460 1
13 LVF Type 4430 5440 6450 7460 1
14 TVA Type None 2530 3540.5 None
15 TVL Type None 2562 3583 None
3) Basic Structure of Sequence System
Sequence System is a device to regulate opening and closing of gate arbitrarily, which is operated by set time on sequence timer after receipt of injection signal.
When applying sequence system, it shall be determined how many zones will be controlled and how many gates will be controlled.
Refer to sequence system manual for other detailed matters.
Sequence System Parts List
No Description Specification Q ty Remark 1 Bolt M5*70 42 Air Manifold Flat head Cap M3*8 1
3 Air Nipple PT 1/4 Coupler 1
4 Silencer PT 1/4 2
5 Sealing Plate 50*26*1.5T 1 Quantity per Sol Valve
6 Bolt M4*40 4 Quantity per Sol Valve
7 Solenoid Valve SF-2120 1
8 Sealing Plate 80, 140*45*1.5T 1 For 2, 4Zone
9 Insert (Male) 56*23*33, 72.4*23*33 1 Screw Terminal (10P 16P)
10 Bolt M4*12 4
11 Housing 74.5*50*52, 91*50*57 1 Use of 10P 16P
2. Outline of Hot Runner System
Hot runner system is a method devised to produce product continuously without spure and runner by heating sprue and runner which serve as a route of melted resin in order to fill cavity in plastic injection mold and by maintaining it as melted state.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Hot Runner System
1) Because product must be produced using 100% of new resin without any loss at all the time, defect or trouble due to foreign material can be prevented.
2) Filling up cavity is needed only, because resin is always being melted up to gate, thus the time of injection, measurement, cooling and frame opening/closing is shortened as well as the time to take out sprue and runner.
3) Improvement of product quality Because the injection pressure of injection molder is directly transferred to cavity, the problem of product shrinkage, weld, and deformation due to internal stress can be solved.
4) Increase of mechanical efficiency Efficiency of molder is enhanced because injection quantity, pressure, mold opening distance may be decreased as much as the amount of sprue and runner.
5) Extension of mold life The pressure exerted on the mold is decreased due to decrease of injection pressure and 3-stage mold of large type may be converted into 2-stage mold in case of using hot runner system, so that the trouble which can occur in 3-stage mold may be prevented.
1) Increase of mold cost : Hot runner components and controller are necessary.
2) Technical manpower is necessary for maintenance and repair.
3) Sufficient review is necessary for mold design depending on shape of resin and product used.
3. Kinds of Hot Runner System 1) OPEN GATE
a. Direct Gate : This is the most basic system where flow route is equipped with heater. (There are BALA series in YUDO.)
b. Pin Point Type Gate : Gate mark may be minimized, but a little more pressure is required.
Type Basic Shape Product Shape of Gate Part Nozzle Type Direct Gate
BALA TOE, TOL System
Pin Point Type Gate
BALA CC, CA, CF System
SHUT OFF GATE
a. Spring Type Valve Gate : This is the most simple valve gate system, but much injection pressure is required, so that gate mark is unstable.(There are no related products in YUDO)
b. Electrical Shutoff Gate : This may be mainly used for small products, but special temperature control device is required, and high technology is required for management of function.(LOVO Series Nozzles of