Xaar 1001 GS6/GS12
Unrivalled reliability in single-pass printingThe Xaar 1001, available in two drop size variants, is a unique piezoelectric drop-on-demand printhead that delivers unrivalled reliability for single-pass printing applicationssuch as labels, packaging, ceramics, advanced manufacturing and other product decoration. The Xaar 1001 printhead combines Xaar’s TF Technology™ and HybridSide Shooter™ architecture so that ink is recirculated past the back of the nozzle duringdrop ejection. This unique arrangement ensures that the printhead operates even in theharshest industrial environments.
The Xaar 1001 also delivers outstanding print quality as its high native resolution together with its greyscale capability provide an effective resolution of over 1000 dpi so that images are amazingly life-like and text is pin sharp. In addition, this capability eliminates the need for additional colours, for example light magenta and light cyan,which reduces the cost per copy and contributes to the printhead’s low cost of ownership.
Fast time to market is ensured because the Xaar 1001 is easy to integrate, and both theXUSB drive electronics and Hydra recirculating ink system are easily configured and optimised with the printhead.
The Xaar 1001 is the flagship printhead from Xaar, a world leader in the developmentand manufacture of piezoelectric drop-on-demand inkjet technologies. The company,which was established in 1990, is headquartered in the UK, and also has offices in Sweden, USA, Brazil, China and India. Today, Xaar’s state-of-the-art printhead manufacturing lines in Europe are among the most innovative in the world.
Xaar 1001 GS6Fine detail and text
Smooth tonesUnrivalled reliability
Xaar 1001 GS12Double the colour
intensityDouble the speedUnrivalled reliability
Xaar plc 316 Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0XR, UK. [email protected] www.xaar.com
Physical attributes Xaar 1001 GS6/GS12Active nozzles 1000Print swathe width 70.5 mmNumber of rows 2Nozzle pitch (interleaved) 70.5 µmDrop velocity* 6 m/sNozzle density 360 npi(nozzles per inch)
Physical attributes Xaar 1001 GS6 Xaar 1001 GS12Printhead weight (dry) 122 g 122gInk type Solvent, UV, Oil OilDrop volume* (at 8 levels) 6 to 42 pl 12 to 84 plNumber of grey levels 8 8Typical firing frequency * 6 kHz 6 to 12 kHzDimensions (WxDxH) 125x31x61 mm 125x31x61 mm
Unrivalled reliability• The Xaar 1001 incorporates both
TF Technology™ (ink recirculation) and theunique Hybrid Side Shooter™ architecture sothat ink can flow directly past the back of thenozzle during drop ejection
• Ink recirculation means that air bubbles anddust particles present in the ink are carriedaway, which radically improves reliability even inthe harshest industrial environment
• Ink recirculation keeps the ink in constant motion and prevents sedimentation and nozzleblocking particularly in heavily pigmented inks
• The Xaar 1001 is a self-priming printhead somaintenance cycles are short and once per shiftor less. The printhead also recovers quicklyfrom mechanical shock, making it the perfectprinthead for applications where uptime is critical.
Outstanding print quality• Unique to Xaar, XaarDOT™ enables maximum
flexibility in choosing the right drop size range toachieve the best combination of quality andspeed for a specific application
• The Xaar 1001 delivers an effective resolution greater than 1000 dpi using up to 8 grey levelswhich can be chosen dynamically. This results inamazing life-like images and pin sharp text delivered by the Xaar 1001 GS6. Alternativelythe Xaar 1001 GS12 offers double the colour intensity or twice the print speed of the Xaar1001 GS6
• TF Technology™ enables the temperature across the printhead to be regulated ensuringconsistent drop formation and uniform printingacross the swathe
• Optimised jetting performance is achieved by tuning the waveforms of Xaar-approved inks.This fine tuning ensures precise drop placementas well as excellent print quality
• Two rows of accurately lasered interleaved nozzles deliver precise drop formation at a native 360 dpi.
Low cost of ownership• Xaar’s patented shear mode, shared wall
technology combined with its acoustic waveforms deliver exceptionally low levels of internal mechanical stress, providing low power consumption, unsurpassed reliability and extended printhead life
• The Xaar 1001 can jet fluids within a viscosityrange of 7 to 50 cP. This enables the widestchoice of ink and substrates providing greaterversatility in print applications
• The Xaar 1001 is a greyscale printhead. There isno need for additional colours such as light magenta and light cyan, which reduces cost percopy
• The Xaar 1001’s recessed nozzle plate combined with the robust printhead casing, manufactured from high quality materials, protects against costly accidental mechanical,electrical and chemical damage.
Easy integration• Xaar’s XUSB print manager and the Xaar 1001
Head Personality Card are designed to be easilyconfigured and straightforward to integrate,simplifying printer construction and reducingtime-to-market
• Xaar’s Hydra delivers an off-the-shelf ink supplysystem fully optimised for the Xaar 1001, also reducing time-to-market
• The Xaar 1001 is fully scalable; self-aligningscrews allow easy and accurate alignment ofthe printheads to +/- 5 µm so that long printbars with multiple printheads are simpleand quick to set up.
* Dependent on ink used and system integration
Approved InksXaar actively partners with a widerange of ink manufacturers to develop high-quality ink solutionsfor its printheads. The Xaar 1001is designed to be compatible witha range of solvent, oil and UV curable inks.
Issue 3 May 2012
* Dependent on ink used and system integration.