Guide: D.M.UjalambkarName: Saif PathanRoll: 11C0042
AISSMS,COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,PUNE
• Introduction• Features• Working Architecture • Technologies• Future scope• Advantages • Disadvantages and much more …
XBOX ??...What??• The Xbox is a video gaming brand created by Microsoft.
• It includes a series of video game consoles developed by Microsoft.
The brand was first introduced on November 15, 2001 in the United
Xbox Original with “Controller S”
KINECT • Motion sensing technology .
• Recognizes complete body movements
• Represents gamer in the form of “AVATAR”
• Graphical character
• 3D image controls the game.
FEATURES OF KINECT 1. Full-body 3D motion capture
2. Gesture recognition
3. Facial recognition
4. Voice recognition
KINECT HARDWARE…• Kinect is a COMPLICATED SETUP of four sensors. 1) Infrared Sensor. 2) Infrared Camera. 3) RGB Camera(Red Green Blue). 4) Microphone array.
MICROPHONE ARRAY• 4 high quality microphones .• These microphones can listen at only one speaker at a time.• Have very large database library.
HOW DOES IT WORK???
• IR beam bounces off subject and is captured by the IR sensor.• Sensor uses time to measure distance of objects.
• Kinect IR cameras is capable of processing data within a distance of 1-4 m.
• The input grabbed is highly accurate and data is captured at a rate of 30 fps.
DEPTH IMAGING PROCESSING• Kinect has a feature of automatic calibrating itself according to room
conditions.• This is an example of how the depth of a room is captured by the IR
sensors and camera.
SKELETAL TRACKINGHEAD AND FACE TRACKING
• The Absolute Working of Kinect sensing technology is based on the Tracking System used by it.
• This Tracking System is the brain of Kinect sensor
HEAD AND FACE TRACKING
• A Kinect sensor produces both 2D color video and depth images at 30 fps, combining the best of both worlds.
• Face Tracking Algorithm
SKELETAL TRACKING• The poses of human skeleton is recognized with the help of machine
learning algorithm called Decision Tree .• It can analyze up to 6 players but can only process 2 active players
Construction of skeleton image
APPLICATIONS…• Mostly and Largely used for gaming purposes.• “Virtual” Dressing Room.• Video conferencing.• Web Surfing
Virtual Dressing Room• The virtual fitting room is a program which allows users to select and
try on clothing all from their Kinect.• There are various websites that support virtual shopping
E.g. “Fitnect” is one of the major service provider.
Look into the future• The U.S. Army is trying their best to use this technology in invention of
UAV. i.e. Unmanned Ariel and others army vehicles.• Medical Purposes.• Artificial Vigilance Bots , Spacecraft's for analyzing other planets and
Use in Hospitals
• Kinect also shows compelling potential for use in medicine• Kinect for intraoperative, review of medical imaging,allowing the surgeon to access the information withoutcontamination
• Potential to change the face of earth and how we look at it.
• Futuristic movies can actually be brought to life.
• Ever growing dynamic technology.• Everything might depend on the motion of our