How to make red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing
Share this document with a friend
- 1. Red velvet cupcakes are a miniaturized version of the famous
red velvet cake. With the characteristic red batter that keeps its
color upon baking, these red cakes are perfect for Valentines Day,
the Fourth of July or any occasion really! *
- 2. Steps 1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- 3. 2. Fill a muffin tin with liners.
- 4. 3. Use an electric mixer and blend the butter and sugar
- 5. 4. Add the egg and mix well.
- 6. 5. Combine the cocoa and food coloring in a small bowl. Dont
worry about how powdery it probably looks at this stagethats
normal. Add the cocoa mixture into the blend.
- 7. 6. Sift the salt and flour onto wax paper.
- 8. 7. Add salt, flour, vanilla, buttermilk, and water to the
- 9. 8. Mix the vinegar and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- 10. 9. Fold this mixture into the mixing bowl.
- 11. 10. Pour the batter evenly into the liners.
- 12. 11. Bake for 25 minutes. Store covered overnight. Sources
and Citations : www.imtalking.org