ADVERTISING RATES “NZZ AM SONNTAG” 2009 | ENGLISH | FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE SWITZERLAND
ADVERTISING RATES NZZ AM SONNTAG2009 | ENGLISH | FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE SWITZERLAND
2The NZZ am Sonntag stands out amongst the Sunday pa-pers as being a newspaper of quality. It links NZZs journalistic values to the particular needs of our Sunday readers. It has its own editorial staff that provide analyses, in-depth background-ers, independent investigations, and competent commentary. This ensures that its discerning Sunday readers remain well- informed about the past weeks main events, and that they are fully in the picture as far as the coming week is concerned.
As Sundays are a special time for reading, NZZ am Sonn-tag seeks to delight its readers with entertaining stories and articles about fine living, along with reports and interviews.
All rates are quoted in Swiss Francs, applicable to customers within Switzerland. Subject to change without notice.
Print run Switzerland 126 371 copiesReaders German-speaking Switzerland 458 000 readersReach German-speaking Switzerland 10.8%Structure men/women 54%/46%
Print run Switzerland 320 000 copiesReaders German-speaking Switzerland 614 000 readersReach German-speaking Switzerland 14.4%Structure men/momen 56%/44%
Bcher am Sonntag 1
Print run Switzerland 152 000 copiesReaders German-speaking Switzerland 458 000 readersReach German-speaking Switzerland 10.8%Structure men/women 54%/46%
NZZexecutivePrint run total 269 380 copies Switzerland 253 334 copiesReaders German-speaking Switzerland 614 000 readersReach German-speaking Switzerland 14.4%Structure men/women 56%/44%
NZZ am Sonntag Z Die schnen Seiten 1
1 Publishers declaration. Sources: WEMF Auflagen-Bulletin 2008, MACH Basic 2008-2.
Performance and Readership Data
Section StructureSection Structure1st section Topics of the day2nd section Background3rd section Business4th section Sport5th section Culture6th section Knowledge7th section Society8th section Style
Weekly SupplementsNZZexecutive (jobs)
MagazineZ Die schnen Seiten (published ten times per year)
Monthly SupplementsBooks on Sunday
Focal Themes and SupplementsIn accordance with the separate list under the index Focal Themes and Supplements (page 12 and 13)
6Advertising Rates and Special Placements
Fixed formats b/w colour2/1 pages 37 040. 52 680.1/1 page 18 520. 26 340.1/2 page 9 250. 15 680.1/4 page 4 640. 7 990.1/8 page 2 320. 4 055.
Fixed formats b/w colour2/1 pages 33 660. 47 880.1/1 page 16 830. 23 940.1/2 page 8 420. 14 250.1/4 page 4 215. 7 260.1/8 page 2 105. 3 690.
Millimetre rates for individual formats
Up to 400 mm 3.89 7.04From 401 mm 4.22 7.04
Fixed formats b/w colour1/2 page 16 490. 22 700.1/4 page (291108 mm) 8 240. 13 280.junior page 15 040. 22 320.
Millimetre rates for individual formats b/w colourMin. height = 80 mm 8.11 12.52
Fixed formats b/w colour2/2 pages2 29 980. 41 270.2/4 pages3 14 990. 24 140.1/2 page 14 990. 20 635.1/4 page (291108 mm) 7 500. 12 070.Junior page 13 780. 20 290.
Millimetre rates for individual formats b/w colourMin. height = 60 mm, Business section = 80 mm 7.37 11.40
Placement in the 1st Section
Recommendations and Classifieds
Placement in the 2nd to 8th Section
Full Position Advertisements
Placement in the 1st Section Placement in the 2nd to 8th Section
1 Division into columns: See index Classifieds, colour advertisements are only possible from over 100 mm.
2 Half-page panorama advertisements. 3 Quarter-page panorama advertisements.
Full Position Advertisements
Placement in the 1st Section Placement in the 2nd to 8th Section
Millimetre rates b/wColumn width = 55 mm Min. height = 80 mm 26.37
Height colourUp to 440 mm 4 680.From 441 mm 5 860.
Millimetre rates b/wColumn width = 55 mm, Min. height = 30 mmBusiness = 80 mm 23.94
Millimetre rates b/wColumn width = 55 mm (placement in Sports section possible) 31.08
Placement Format Columns widthheight2 b/w colourFront page ad 1 55 60 mm 10 730.Centre Panorama I ad 63 376218 mm 31 610. 38 010.(possible from 2nd to 8th section)
Centre Panorama II ad 63 376268 mm 38 790. 44 990.(possible from 2nd to 8th section)
Monolith, 1st section page-high ad 1 55420 mm 11 340. 15 690.page-high ad 2 114420 mm 22 680. 27 870.
Monolith, 2nd to 8th section page-high ad 1 55420 mm 10 290. 14 690.page-high ad 2 114420 mm 20 600. 25 850.
Advertising field Weather page ad 1 42 38 mm 650. 1 005.
Placement in the 1st Section Placement in the 2nd to 8th Section Advertising Rates and Special Placements
1 Max. height = 340 mm (over 341 mm, 420 mm will be charged). 2 Changes to format not possible. 3 Plus gutter overflow.
8Discounts and Surcharges
Special DiscountsBook advertisements 25%Collective advertisements 30%Charity discounts as per ZEWO list 50%
Frequency DiscountsSimultaneous booking with no size change3 to 5 repeats 5%6 to 12 repeats 7.5%13 to 25 repeats 15%26 to 51 repeats 20%52 repeats and over 25%
Volume DiscountsAmount discount amount discount 12 000. 3% 500 000. 16% 35 000. 4% 600 000. 17% 70 000. 5% 700 000. 18%100 000. 6% 800 000. 19%125 000. 7% 900 000. 20%150 000. 8% 1 000 000. 21%175 000. 9% 1 500 000. 22%200 000. 10% 2 000 000. 23%250 000. 11% 2 500 000. 24%300 000. 12% 3 000 000. 25%350 000. 13% 4 000 000. 26%400 000. 14% 5 000 000. 27%450 000. 15%
The same discounting applies to real estate advertisements.
Separate discounting applies to recruitment advertisements (see separate documentation).
Under this contract, bookings can be made to the following: Neue Zrcher Zeitung, NZZ BusinessCombi, NZZ am Sonntag, Magazine Z Die schnen Seiten, NZZ campus and NZZ Chronik.
Discounting agreements are concluded with one party only. Separate orders must be placed for display ads from the same buyer if they appear under different names or are invoiced to the accounts of other companies; this restriction does not ap-ply to companies that are eligible for corporate rates according to the specifications laid out by STG Schweizerische Treuhand-gesellschaft. Please do not hesitate to contact us for details. Phone +41 (0)44 258 16 98.
Volume and frequency discounts cannot be cumulated.
Volume discounts are for business advertisements and pre-printed inserts only; discounts do not apply to financial advertisements and statutory notices (format and text changes as desired, 1 year duration). Bulk space contracts possible.
9SurchargesSatellite advertisements as from 2nd advertisement 10%Multi-corner advertisements 20%Binding data and placement instructions 10%
Discounts/Surcharges Special offer
When you book the NZZ weekend offer we publish your ad simulta-neously in the Neue Zrcher Zeitung and in NZZ am Sonntag, and free of charge in the Neue Zrcher Zeitung the following Monday. When you book the NZZ weekend offer we publish your ad simultaneously in the Neue Zrcher Zeitung and in NZZ am Sonntag, and free of charge in the Neue Zrcher Zeitung the following Monday.
Placement1 Neue Zrcher Zeitung, Thursday to Saturday 1 NZZ am Sonntag on the Sunday of the same week
Published free of charge1 Neue Zrcher Zeitung on the Monday of the following week
NZZ weekend offer1
1 Offer only applies to fixed formats
130% additional discount on classifieds2Separate advertising rates apply for recruitment ads.
Overview of ClassifiedsSections publication frequency formats min. heightEducation Sunday even and 5 columns 20 mmServices Sunday even and 5 columns 20 mmFinancial market Sunday even and uneven columns 20 mmReal estate Sunday even and 5 columns 20 mmArt trade/galleries/antiques1 Sunday even and 5 columns 20 mmRecruitment ads2 Sunday (NZZexecutive) even and uneven columns 20 mmTourism Sunday even and uneven columns 20 mmEvents1 Sunday even and 5 columns 20 mm
In the weekend Swiss edition of the Neue Zrcher Zeitung and Sundays edition, NZZ am Sonntag, the recruitment section NZZexecutive is included. With the total edition, your ad in NZZexec-utive will also be published on the following Wednesday in the international edition of the Neue Zrcher Zeitung. Thus, you can extend your target audience for an extra 10% only.
Millimetre rates for individual formats b/w colourTotal edition 7.75 8.85Situations wanted 4.28
NZZexecutive NZZexecutive.chNZZexecutive.ch is not only a place where specialists and experts can look for jobs. The website also provides the latest economic information, exclusive interviews with business personalities, and independent and useful information about many firms based on the NZZs first-class and extensive archives. This is an enormous added value which substantially increases the number of visitors to the website. Page impressions nzz.ch/month: 30 million.
Base price for individual advertisement 625.
Further information about situations vacant advertising (NZZexecutive and NZZexecutive.ch) and real estate advertising (NZZdomizil and NZZdomizil.ch) is contained in separate documentation: www.nzzmedia.ch or phone +41 (0)44 258 16 98.
12Focal Themes and Supplements
Overview of Special SupplementsThemes publication dates 2009 publicationOutdoor 15th March focal theme in the Style sectionEducation 12th April special supplementHealth and wellness 26th April focal theme in the Style sectionInvesting & provision for the future 10th May special supplementReal estate 17th May special supplementDesign Miami/Basel 7st June focal theme in the Style sectionSwiss retail trade 21st June special supplementGrand Prix Suisse 26th July special supplementReal estate 13th September special supplementThe future of energy 13th September special supplementAutomobile 27th September focal theme in the Style sectionDerivative products 18th October special supplementHome, interior design 25th October focal theme in the Style sectionInvest & provision for the future 8th November special supplementEducation 22nd November special supplement
Z Die schnen SeitenThe lifestyle magazine from the NZZ. With our new high-end maga zine series Z Die schnen Seiten we aim to offer real and attractive added value for our quality-conscious advertisers and our discer-ning readers. The magazine is one of a kind in Switzerland. It meets extremely high standards of journalism, carries an impressive range of subject matter and comes in a distinctive special format. A total of ten magazines are delivered with selected Saturday editions of Neue Zrcher Zeitung and the NZZ am Sonntag. This high- quality
weekend supplement is designed to tempt your high-spending, wealthy target group to spend time on the magazine and read it intently, making your advertisements even more effective because they get the attention they deserve. www.magazin-z.ch.
Detailed information regarding Z Die schnen Seiten and other NZZ magazines is contained in the separate documentation or at www.nzzmedia.ch.
Special supplements may be changed at short notice. The current overview can be found at www.nzz.ch/sonderbeilagen.
Millimetre rates for ads b/w colourMinimal format 1 column/30 mm (5530 mm) 16.12 26.82
Format Type heightwidth b/w colour2/1 pages fixed format 440290 mm 15 420. 21 910.
1/1 page fixed format 210290 mm 7 710. 10 950.
1/2 page fixed format 210141 mm 3 890. 6 540.(full position) 5 050. 8 480.
1/4 page fixed format 21068 mm 1 945. 3 340.(full position) 2 520. 4 350.
1/8 page fixed format 10368 mm 980. 1 675.
Monolith fixed format 55277 mm 2 865. 4 450.
Monthly Supplements Books on SundayBooks on Sunday is published every last Sunday of the month in tabloid format as a supplement to NZZ am Sonntag and provides book fans and literature enthusiasts with an overview of the most important additions to the worlds of fiction and non-fiction. Under non-fiction it focuses on biographies, memoirs, books about rele-vant political, historical, cultural and scientific topics, as well as ongoing debate within the wider society.
Books on Sunday has no less than 24 pages, and besides book reviews it also contains an essay or an extensive interview, as well as a column written by a well-known author. In addition, it features monthly bestseller lists and a diary of important author readings, book vernissages and literature platforms. Each month, the title page is designed by the well-known Portuguese illustrator Andr Carrilho.
Focal Themes and Supplements
Publication Print runSunday 155 000 copies
Weight rate/1000 copies rateUp to 25 g 390. 60 450.2650 g 490. 75 950.5175 g 550. 85 250.76100 g 615. 95 325.101150 g 670. 103 850.Over 150 g on request
Technical RequirementsFormat Min. format 148105 mm (DIN A6) Max. format 315235 mm Max. format newspaper products 320235 mm
Insert weight Min. weight for A6 format = 170 g/m2
Min. weight for formats between A6 and A4 = 120 g/m2
Maximal weight per insert = 240 g
ImportantIn order to rule out any technical difficulties when processing pre-printed inserts, 3 binding sample inserts or 3 dummy copies are required before confirmation of the order can be given.
A test run (in advance) is required for inserts diverging from stan-dard formats (special formats, stick-in samples, etc.). Approximately 200 copies of the insert (dummy copies) must be supplied for this procedure.
Delivery Address Neue Zrcher Zeitung, Abteilung AusrstungZrcherstrasse 39, 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland Phone +41 (0)44 258 18 42
Extent of delivery We recommend a 2% increase of the required amount because of fluctuations in print runs and reject copies.
Publication Frequency and Print Run
These prices include postage as well as handling charges. For each external advertisement received, a lump sum of 20%
of the rate of a 4-colour advertisement page will be invoiced in addition to the insert enclosure fee.
For larger inserts, the publisher must be contacted to discuss the technical possibilities as well as the terms and conditions.
Inserts qualify for special volume discounts.
Combination Discount15% discount for combined insertion in both the NZZ am Sonntag and the Neue Zrcher Zeitung.
DeliveryDeadlines No earlier than 9 working days prior to the insert circulation date
(inserts delivered earlier will be subject to storage charges). No later than 4 working days prior to the insert circulation date. Any VAT or custom duties, if any, shall be at the expense of the
Important Inserts must be stacked in identical layers of min. 810 cm. Inserts edges must not be damaged. They may not be bound
together nor be boxed. The delivery slip must be clearly visible on one longitudinal and
one transverse side and must specify: Name of newspaper, de-scription of insert, insertion date, number per pallet and total number of copies supplied.
General In case of split-edition bookings, neither exclusive nor comprehen-
sive coverage of the desired area can be guaranteed. No claims for price reductions or damages shall be accepted
if inserts fall out of the paper upon delivery or due to technical reasons, or if the insertion process causes scuff marks.
Excess inserts shall be disposed of, unless otherwise agreed.
16Technical Data and Deadlines
Deadlines Deadline for display advertisement bookings/cancellations and
printing material is 2pm two working days prior to publication. Deadline for inserts is five working days prior to publication.
Technical SpecificationsGreyscale/ colour images1 150 to 300 dpiLogos, bitmap resolution 1200 dpiScreen2 44 lines/cm (110 lpi)Screen dot shape moderate elliptical dotMinimum dot 2%Maximum dot 98%UCR total 240% (C+M+Y+K)Printing sequence 1st cyan, 2nd magenta, 3rd yellow, 4th blackGrey balance C = 50%, M = 40%, Y = 40%Colour process 4-colour process (CMYK) throughout (Pantone colours converted to CMYK)Image processing according to ISO Norms ISOnewspaper26v4Typefaces always attach if not embedded (in PDFs)Overprint/trapping must be defined in the file suppliedDot gain 26% midtoneSolid tone density C=0.90/M=0.90 Y=0.90/K=1.10Proofs on newsprint, with calibration strip
Electronic transmissionAdvertising orders In addition to the customary information such as client address, newspaper, keywords, publication dates, please indicate the input channel through which the ad will be transmitted.
Technical information Phone +41 (0)44 258 13 42
Software Adobe Creative Suite 3 Quark-X-Press 7 Office 2004
File formats High-end PDF files (preferable to all other file formats) PDFX-3 PDFX-Ready Acrobat Writer is not suitable for this purpose EPS: Fonts embedded or vectorised Open files: Please supply all artwork/logos and typefaces as
well as a binding printout.
Data transmission Data media CD/DVD
Via PrintOnlineFor information: phone +41 (0)44 258 17 70 or www.printonline.ch
1 Books on Sunday: 300 dpi. 2 Books on Sunday: 60 lines/cm (150 lpi).
Column Number and Dimensions 1
Columns 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10Display ads mm 55 84 114 143 173 202 232 291
Editorial-adjacency ads mm 55 114 173
Editorial-adjacency ads mm Books on Sunday 55 115
1 Imposition does not allow for single-column or nine-column ads.
Delivery of Physical Printing MaterialPaper copies Paper copies can be sent. However, using paper copies could result in a loss of quality.
FilmFilm is not accepted.
PrintOnlinePrintOnline is the digital courier that, rather than sending films, electronically distributes entire advertising campaigns throughout Switzerland. This attractive distribution method simplifies proce-dures for both advertising clients and publishers. For advertising clients and data producers, the services are free of charge.
Formats Newspaper formats widthheightNewspaper size 320470 mmType area 291440 mm 4 400 mmPanorama advertisement 612440 mm 8 800 mm
Fixed formatsNewspaper formats widthheight2/1 pages (panorama ad) 612440 mm2/2 pages (half-page panorama ad) 612218 mm2/4 pages (quarter-page panorama ad) 612108 mm1/1 page 291440 mm1/2 page 291218 mm1/4 page 291108 mm or 143218 mm1/8 page 143108 mm
Technical Data and Deadlines
18General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions governing the contractual relationships between Advertisersand Publicitas AG NZZ Media (hereinafter referred to as NZZ Media) for the products of the Neue Zrcher Zeitung AG (hereinafter referred to as NZZ)
A. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
1. Business relationships with Advertisers1.1. These General Terms and Conditions govern the contractual relationship between NZZ Media and an Advertiser (Advertising Contract Print and Online). Advertising, media or PR agencies deal with NZZ Media on behalf of and for the account of Advertisers.1.2. The Advertising Contract covers the publication (single or multiple-issue placements and volume contracts) of advertisements, inserts and supplements (hereinafter referred to as advertisements) by NZZ Media, including or excluding consultancy services, the creation of advertisements using desktop publishing (DTP) means, the preparation of media plans or administrative services. In their dealings with NZZ Publishing House, NZZ Media takes full responsibility for the publication of the advertisements.1.3 NZZ products are published in German. Without instructions to the contrary, all advertising texts are published in the original text of the manuscript; these are therefore not automatically translated.1.4. The typesetting of classifieds is only possible using our normal layout.
2. General Terms and Conditions of Advertisers2.1. Upon conclusion of the Advertising Contract, the General Terms and Conditions become an integral part of said Contract. The Advertiser at the same time waives the application of his/her own General Terms and Conditions.
3. Publication in the text area of print products3.1. Publication in the text area cannot be made a requirement when submitting advertising. Any publication in the text area which infringes on the interests of advertisers cannot in any way constitute a claim against the advertising administration.
B. EXECUTION OF THE CONTRACT
4. Prices4.1. In respect of publication, the currently prevailing advertising rates and discounts of NZZ Publishing House, plus VAT, shall apply.4.2. In respect of consultancy, creation, planning or administrative services provided by NZZ Media, the latters currently prevailing service prices, plus VAT, will apply. The most important items are published in the NZZ official pricing documentation. All prices are available on the website www.nzzmedia.ch.4.3. Any changes to advertising rates, discounts, service prices and VAT also take immediate effect for publications that are already running. However, Advertisers are entitled to cancel their contracts within 2 weeks of notification of the new rates. In such cases, Advertisers are only entitled to such discount as per the discount schedule as corresponds to the actual amount of advertising purchased by the time of cancellation.
5. Additional costs5.1. Additional work and expenditure by NZZ or NZZ Media which is not included in their advertising rates or service prices may also be invoiced, plus VAT. This includes, for example, elaborate editing of full print material (see point 4.2).Translation costs: Texts will be translated by a specialized translation agency at the clients expense. We do not take any responsibility for mistakes.
6. Size of advertisements6.1. The amount invoiced will be based on the size of the advertisement, measured in the relevant newspaper from dividing line to dividing line. 2 mm will be added to the print size for boxed adver-
tisements and for those submitted in complete, print-quality format.6.2. Advertisements that are due to be published several times using the same design or text are all invoiced according to the size of the first advertisement that was published.
7. Volume contracts, volume discounts7.1. Advertising rates may provide for volume discounts if a certain volume of advertising space, measured in mm or Swiss francs (hereinafter referred to as volume), is purchased for a particular period (volume contract).7.2. If the agreed volume is exceeded during this period, bringing the discount to a higher level, the increased discount is credited retrospectively at the end of the contract.7.3. If the agreed volume is not reached during the period, a short-rate charge will be made for any excess discount granted. Advertisers are given a 3% tolerance level on the agreed volume. Any unused volume cannot be carried over to the following years contract.
8. Repeat orders, frequency discounts8.1. Frequency discounts are granted on the rates charged for advertisements that appear in an unchanged format on a number of dates stipulated in advance (repeat orders).8.2. The advertisements must appear in an unchanged format; normally subjects can only be changed in cases where the advertisement is submitted in complete, print quality format.8.3. A higher discount is granted retrospectively if the repeat order is enlarged on the same terms prior to insertion of the last advertisement and reaches a higher level as a result.
9. Modalities for volume contracts and repeat orders9.1. A separate volume contract or repeat order must be concluded for commercial and job vacancy advertisements. Classified advertisements cannot be included in the discount agreement.9.2. Volume contracts and repeat orders normally apply to only one Advertiser. However, under certain circumstances, Treuhand BDO Visura, Zurich, may grant groups and holding companies permission to conclude group contracts.9.3. Volume contracts and repeat orders are valid for 12 months. If they commence between the 1st and 15th of a month inclusively, they shall end at the end of the preceding month of the following year. If they begin between the 16th and the end of a month, they shall run until the end of that month of the following year.9.4. The same rate of discount shall generally apply for the entire duration of the contract.
10. Publishers rights10.1. NZZ Publishing House reserves the right to request changes to the content of advertisements or refuse them without being obliged to state any reasons.10.2. For technical reasons and without notifying the Advertiser in advance, NZZ Publishing House may bring forward or postpone by one issue the publication of advertisements with specified insertion dates, provided that the content does not absolutely require the advertisement to be published on the date specified.10.3. Adverts which are not identifiable as such because of their layout must carry the full company name and will be marked by the publishing house with the heading advertisement.10.4. The positioning of advertisements is generally at the discretion of NZZ Publishing House. The publisher will accept customers positioning requests but is not bound by them. If specific positioning instructions are adhered to, this results in a preferred position charge.10.5. Orders for advertising inserts and supplements are only binding for NZZ Publishing House after a sample has been approved.
11. Box number advertisements11.1. NZZ Media undertakes to keep box numbers confidential, except in the following particular instances: Where there is good reason to do so, the Advertising Company may disclose the identity of the box number advertiser to legal or administrative authorities or
General Terms and Conditions
persons who have given their personal details to a box number advertiser and later wish to exer-cise their right to disclosure of the advertisers identity because their documents have not been returned.11.2. In particular, NZZ Media is not obliged to pass on to box number advertisers advertising material, anonymous or agency offers. To this end, it may open and inspect these offers.11.3. A fee is charged every time a box number advertisement is placed. Additional work and expenditure is also invoiced.11.4. The responsibility to return documents lies with the box number advertiser.
12. Proofs12.1. Proofs for commercial advertisements may be supplied on request, provided the material for print has been received at least three days before the final deadline.12.2. No proofs are provided in cases where the advertisement has been submitted in complete, print-quality format.
13. Printed material13.1. In the absence of any express agreement, NZZ Publishing House or NZZ Media is under no obligation to retain or return print material and data submitted in conventional or digital form (artwork, films, photos etc.).
14. Terms of payment14.1. Classified advertisements must be paid for in cash or within 10 days.14.2. For all other advertisements, the payment period is 30 days with no discount.14.3. Standard interest on arrears is charged on past due invoices.14.4. The costs of reminders will be charged.14.5. If monies owed become subject to debt collection, stay of payment or bankruptcy proceedings, all discounts and agents commissions shall cease to apply.
15. Premature termination of the Contract15.1. If an advertising medium ceases publication during the contract period, the Advertising Company may cancel the Contract without being required to provide a replacement.15.2. This does not release the Advertiser from his/her obligation to pay for advertisements that have already been published.15.3. No short-rate charges will be incurred back, but discounts may be credited if a higher discount level had been reached at the time the Contract was cancelled.
C. NZZ Medias LIABILITY
16. Publication errors, non-publication16.1. Claims based on publication faults, errors, omissions or on non-publication of advertisements should be sent to NZZ Media within 10 days of publication.16.2. If the meaning or overall effect of an advertisement is significantly impaired or if an adverti-sement was not published on the date stipulated, the cost of publishing the advertisement will be refunded in whole or in part or alternatively compensation will be provided in the form of advertising space in the publication in question. The above compensation does not apply in the following instan-ces: advertisements placed by telephone, defective transmission when advertisements are sent to NZZ Media or NZZ Publishing House by digital means, errors resulting from the translation of foreign language documents, the deferred publication of an advertisement (see Para. 10.2.), failure to comply with positioning requirements, unsuitable material, slight differences in the positioning and register of colours or deviations from typographical specifications or the omission of key numbers.
16.3. Any claims other than those mentioned in Para. 16.2. relating to publication errors, non-publication or any other reasons are excluded.
D. ADVERTISERS LIABILITY
17. Liability in respect of the content of advertisements17.1. The Advertiser is responsible for the content of any advertisements submitted. The former declares that he/she shall comply with the relevant legal requirements and industry regulations and may be held responsible for them by NZZ Media and NZZ Publishing House. He/she shall indemnify NZZ Media and NZZ Publishing House as well as its officers and agents in respect of any third-party claims. The Advertiser is in any case under obligation to assume all court costs and out-of-court costs arising from third-party claims or other proceedings.
18. Right to publication of a counter-statement18.1. If any demand is made to have a counter-statement published (Art. 28 ff SCC), the Publisher or Advertising Company shall inform the Advertiser accordingly, discuss with the latter whether to reject or accept the request and advise him/her on the procedure and related modalities of publication.
E. FURTHER USE OF ADVERTISEMENTS
19. Use of advertisements for electronic databases19.1. The Advertiser hereby gives his/her consent for NZZ Media to store the advertisements in its own or external electronic databases and process them for that purpose.The Advertiser may withdraw his/her consent at any time. He/she is aware that personal data may also be accessed in countries that have no data protection provisions comparable with those in Switzerland, as a result of which the confidentiality, integrity, authenticity or availability of his/her personal data is not guaranteed.19.2. The unauthorised use of advertisements, either printed or stored in electronic databases, and the processing of same by third parties without a significant input of their own is not permitted and is prohibited by the Advertiser. The latter specifically authorises NZZ Media to take appropriate measures against such parties after consultation with NZZ Publishing House.
20. Intellectual ownership of advertisements20.1. The Advertiser recognizes that NZZ Media has intellectual ownership, particularly the copy-right, of all advertisements of an individual character that it has created, e.g. desktop publishing work. Provided the Advertiser meets his/her contractual obligations towards NZZ Media, he/she is entitled to use the intellectual property for an unlimited period within the confines of the originally specified purpose.
F. APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE OF JURISDICTION
21. The Advertising Contract shall be governed exclusively by Swiss law.
22. The location of the office of NZZ Media shall be the agreed and exclusive place of jurisdiction for any dispute resulting from or in connection with the Advertising Contract.
These Advertising Terms and Conditions are valid from 1 January 2008 and replace all previous versions.
Services and RatesOrder change per title Date correction 10. Format adaptation 10. Exchange of printing material, etc. 10.
Cancellation of order per title Without alternative date 20.
Receipts per receipt Reference receipts (immediate receipts)
exceeding the free rule 15. Invoice receipts exceeding the free rule 5.
Box number ad rate per order 37.
Express fee per delivery 30.
Colour proof without existing order per proof Colour proof 1/1 page 30. Colour proof 1/2 page and under 20.
Right-to-print proof per specimen From second-right-to-print proof 10.
Content adaptations of files per file Simple corrections or adaptations 20. Writing a PDF printing file 20.
per hour Complex changes to digital files 170. Creation of Desktop Publishing 170.
Dunning per reminder Administration costs following a second reminder 30. Interest on late payments 5%
Management of cost centres per cost centre 25. per year
Inserts Additional insertion for split-edition bookings 300.
Invoices per invoice Copies of invoices after 3rd copy 5. Split of invoice (per final invoice) 20. Retrospective correction of invoices 20. Copies of invoices attached to payment reminders 5. Special invoices or delivery to other addresses
aside from the customer base 5.
Special evaluations/statistics per hour 170.
Special courier per delivery/ shipment External courier third-party charges +20.
Text entry for NZZexecutive.ch per ad 55.
Internal translations per hour 170.
External translations per job/ assignment third-party charges + 20.
Neue Zrcher Zeitung NZZexecutive, NZZdomizil,Bcher am Sonntag
NZZ Folio, Z Die schnen Seiten,NZZ campus, NZZ Chronik
NZZ am Sonntag
NZZ Online NZZexecutive.ch NZZdomizil.ch NZZcampus.ch
NZZ PrintNZZ Libro
CrossmediaCrossmedia is where we formally and creatively link advertisers to a variety of media platforms with the purpose of achieving maximum advertising success by communicating via multiple channels. By means of its versatile product portfolio and competent consultants, the NZZ media firm makes a contribution towards the successful implementation of your overall campaign concept.
Our Wide Range of Offers for Optimal Target Achievement
Its Goal Activating consumers through multiplying the impact of contact Raising campaign efficiency Engaging new target group segments
Current offers and further information to this topic can be found at www.nzz.ch/werbung/crossmedia.
Contacts CrossmediaMarkus EhrleHead of Advertising, [email protected], phone +41 (0)44 258 16 33
Corinne BlaserHead of Marketing Advertising, [email protected], phone +41 (0)44 258 12 88
Daily Newspaper Newspaper Supplements MagazinesSunday Paper
Over 10 million contacts per month!
For Advertising Sales AbroadEurope Publicitas GmbH Rosenkavalierplatz 14 DE-81925 Mnchen Tel.: +49 (89) 921 06-0 Fax: +49 (89) 921 06-30 [email protected]
Publicitas GmbH Hauptsitz PPN Deutschland Oeder Weg 5254 DE-60318 Frankfurt am Main Tel.: +49 (69) 71 91 49-0 Fax: +49 (69) 71 91 49-30 [email protected]
Publimedia Internationale Verlags-vertretungen GmbH Pharaoshaus Nordbahnstrasse 26/2 AT-1020 Wien Tel.: +43 (1) 21 15 30 Fax: +43 (1) 212 16 02 [email protected]
Media Promotion GmbH Bergstrasse 11 AT-5020 Salzburg Tel.: +43 (662) 87 53 680 Fax: +43 (662) 87 95 18 30 [email protected]
Publimedia GmbH Verkaufsbro Vorarlberg Weiherstr. 3 AT-6900 Bregenz Tel.: +43 5574 75056 Fax: +43 5574 75084 [email protected]
Publicitas S. A.S. 26, avenue Victor-Hugo FR-75116 Paris Tel.: +33 (0) 145 00 66 08 Fax: +33 (0) 145 00 94 81 [email protected]
Publicitas Ltd Gordon House 10 Greencoat Place UK-London SW1P 1PH Tel.: +44 (0) 20 7592 8300 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7592 8301 [email protected]
Publicitas International S.p.A. Via Besana, 9 2nd Floor IT-20122 Milano Tel.: +39 02 55 19 43 85 Fax: +39 02 55 19 64 49 [email protected]
Publicitas N. V. Airway Park D Lozenberg 23 BE-1932 Zaventem Tel.: +32 (2) 639 84 20 Fax: +32 (2) 639 84 30 [email protected]
Publicitas S. A. 4, Kastorias & Messinias Streets GR-15344 Gerakas Athens Tel.: +30 (210) 1060 300 Fax: +30 (210) 6618 477 [email protected]
Publicitas B.V. Mercurius Building 8th floor Herikerbergweg 175 NL-1101 CN Amsterdam Zuid-Oost Tel.: +31 (20) 311 9710 Fax: +31 (20) 363 2823 [email protected]
Publicitas Eastern Europe Ltd. Novy Arbat str. 21, build 1, 6th floor, office 611 RU-119019, Moskau Tel.: +7 (495) 787 75 88 Fax: +7 (495) 787 75 55 [email protected]
Europe Publicitas Internacional S.A. C/Goya 21, 1 Dcha. ES-28001 Madrid Tel.: +34 91 323 79 11 Fax: +34 91 733 59 58 [email protected]
America Publicitas McGown 8250 Decarie Blvd. Suite 205 CA-Montreal, Quebec H4P 2P5 Tel.: +1 514 735 5191 Fax: +1 514 342 9406
Publicitas North America Inc. 330 7th Avenue, 5th floor US-New York, N.Y. 10001 Tel.: +1 212 599 50 57 Fax: +1 212 599 82 98 [email protected]
Publicitas North America Inc. 225 W. Washington Street, Suite 2200 US-Chicago, IL 60606 Tel.: +1 312 924 0294 Fax: +1 312 924 0273 [email protected]
Publicitas North America Inc. 50 California Street, Suite 1547 US-San Francisco, CA 94111 Tel.: +1 415 439 5278 Fax: +1 415 439 5299 [email protected]
Publicitas Charney/Palacios & Co. 5201 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 200 US-Miami, FL 33126 Tel.: +1 (786) 388 6340 Fax: +1 (786) 388 9113 [email protected]
For Advertising Sales Abroad
For Advertising Sales AbroadAsia Mass Media Publicitas Pty Ltd. Level 9, 215-217 Clarence Street AU-Sydney, NSW 2000 Tel.: +61 (2) 9252 3476 Fax: +61 (2) 9251 3726 [email protected]
Mediascope Publicitas (India) Pvt. Ltd. 51 Doli Chambers Arthur Bunder Rd., Colaba IN-Mumbai 400005 Tel.: +91 (22) 22881401 / 22048890 Fax: +91 (22) 22875718 / 22824889 [email protected]
Publicitas International Sdn. Bhd. S105, 2nd Floor, Centrepoint Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama MY-47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Tel.: +60 (3) 7729 6923 Fax: +60 (3) 7729 7115 [email protected]
Publicitas (Shanghai) Advertising Co., Ltd. Rm 701, Wise Logic Intl Center No. 66 Shanxi Road North, Jingan District China Shanghai 200041 Tel.: +86 (21) 5116 8877 Fax: +86 (21) 5116 0678 [email protected]
Publicitas Hong Kong Ltd. 26/F Two Chinachem Exchange Square 338 Kings Road, North Point, Hong Kong Tel.: +852 2516 1001 Fax: +852 2528 3260 [email protected]
Publicitas Singapore Pte Ltd 72 Bendemeer Road #02-20 Luzerne Singapore 339941 Tel.: +65-6836 2272 Fax: +65-6297 7302 [email protected]
Publicitas (Thailand) Ltd. 5th Floor, Lumpini I Building, 239/2 Soi Sarasin, Rajdamri Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330, Thailand Tel.: +66 (2) 651 9273-7 Fax: +66 (2) 651 9278 [email protected]
Advertisements AbroadPublicitas AGPublicitas Swiss PressHolbeinstrasse 30, CH-8022 ZurichPhone +41 (0)44 250 37 00, fax +41 (0)44 250 37 [email protected], www.publicitasswisspress.com
Advertisements German-speaking SwitzerlandNZZ Media a branch of Publicitas AGFalkenstrasse 11, 8021 ZurichPhone +41 (0)44 258 16 98, fax +41 (0)44 258 13 [email protected], www.nzzmedia.ch
Advertisements French-speaking SwitzerlandPublicitas SANZZ MediaRue Etraz 4, 1003 LausannePhone +41 (0)21 317 88 08, fax +41 (0)44 258 13 [email protected], www.nzzmedia.ch