Mega Volume: How TubeMogul Leverages
NetSuiteMay 18th, 2016
Nicolas Brousse | Sr. Director Of Operations Engineering | [email protected]
TubeMogul will be talking about its own products and/or services, which it makes available directly to customers. The statements and opinions contained herein are those of TubeMogul and not of NetSuite.
NetSuite has not verified any statements or claims herein and assumes no responsibility for such statements or claims.
Who are we? Enterprise software company for digital branding
Over 12.6 Trillion Ad Auctions filtered in 2015
Over 3 Billion Ad Impressions served on linear TV via our PTV solution
Bid processed in less than 50 ms
Bid served in less than 80 ms (include network round trip)
5 PB of monthly video traffic served
Platform Direct (PD)allows you to continuously run campaigns through
a self-serve model
Platform Services (PS)allows you to specify campaign objectives and
have our team execute on your behalf
High Level Technical Overview
Where does it fit in?
Java (a lot!) MySQL Memcached, Couchbase Aerospike, Vertica, Druid Kafka Storm Zookeeper, Exhibitor Hadoop, HBase, Hive Terracotta ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana Varnish PHP, Python, Ruby, Go... Apache httpd Nagios, Sensu Ganglia, Graphite, Grafana
Puppet HAproxy OpenStack Git and Gerrit Gor ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ OpenLDAP Redis Blackbox Jenkins, Sonar RunDeck Tomcat, Jetty, Netty Qubole Snowflake AWS DynamoDB, EC2, S3, SWF...
Introduce and scale out a global solution to automate the tracking and billing of all platform campaigns to enable our
teams to focus on revenue, growing the business, and allow our accounting teams
to forecast accurately.
NetSuite Business Purpose
Data is automatically loaded into Netsuite. Accounting to handle all invoices seamlessly!
Business Workflow (simplified)
1. Create new accounts/campaigns/vendors/IOs in the platform
2. Export hourly the above data to NetSuite via custom APIs and Amazon SWF.
3. Accounting approve new accounts and IOs
4. Campaigns run and daily costs/fees/stats are ingested with Amazon SWF. Third party data are ingested weekly.
5. End of month, accounting verifies the data and cuts invoices
SuiteScript to Customize NetSuite to our needs.
Custom Integration with NetSuite
Customer API Campaign API Vendor API Timestamp API Count API Employee API Re-roll API IO and package API Platform delivery data ingestion API TPAS API TubeMogul Media Delivery API
NetSuite API Coverage
Daily Exports with Amazon SWF
Partner Reports / SWF Netsuite
Amazon SWF Export Jobs
1. NetsuiteDBTableExport exports data from database, includes Accounts, Campaigns, and Service Providers
2. NetsuiteManagedPackageExport exports platform fees for "managed" campaigns
3. NetsuiteRollupExport exports platform cost/fees for PD and cost for PS
4. NetsuiteTpasExport exports third-party ad server data
End Of Month: What to look for?
Nicolas Brousse @orieg
Click here to load reader