Fiverr Seller Best Practices
2 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
Fiverr Seller Best Practices
3 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
1. Your Gig title describes what you offer to do for $5 and should be written in the standard Fiverr
format. A Gig description begins with I will and ends with for $5. What you insert in between is your $5 service, starting with a verb. For example: record a one minute voiceover.
2. Keep your Gig title informative but concise. Save the specifics for the Gig description.
3. Since the Gig title ends by default with the words for $5, the title must reflect only the service you will
be delivering for the price of $5. Adding services to this description (such as your Gig extras) that wont be included in the $5 offer will cause your buyers to have unrealistic expectations, leading to dissatisfaction and negative reviews.
4. Dont repeat keywords (such as voiceover in the above example) in the Gig title or otherwise attempt to optimize it for SEO. This will not improve the position of your Gig in searches.
1. Pick your Gig category wisely. Think about the category your buyers will be using to search for services like the one you are offering. Consider taking a few minutes to search on Fiverr for Gigs similar to yours to see what category the bestselling ones are in.
2. Dont list Gigs under the Other category unless there is no other category that fits your service. Take the time to view the entire directory of categories to see if one exists that may bring
more relevant traffic to your Gig.
4 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
5 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
1. Use the description box to introduce yourself and your service. Be sure to include all the specifications and information your buyers need to know about your service. Explaining clearly exactly what your buyers will get increases the chance that they will be satisfied with your work and provide positive feedback to help you establish your reputation.
2. Make your description clear and detailed. Try to look at your Gig from a buyers point of view. Think of all the questions that might be asked and provide the answers in your description.
3. Your Gig description must be your own. Copying another sellers description and using it as your own may lead to having your Gig denied or removed from the marketplace.
4. Communicate to your potential buyers that you would be happy to work with them. Try not to include too many limitations and disclaimers that may discourage buyers. Try to focus more on the things you WILL do and less on the things you WONT do.
6 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
5. Dont repeat keywords or use similar words excessively, and dont employ any other SEO practice in your Gig description. This will not improve the position of your Gig in searches.
6. Do not use graphic symbols, such as 4, #, excessively in your Gig description.
7. If you want your buyers to contact you before placing an order, be sure to mention this in the description. Do not use the Gig requirements box for this purpose because buyers see this only after they place an order.
78. You may not refer to sites other than Fiverr.com in
your Gig description. However, for the purpose of displaying additional samples of your work, you may link to flickr for photos, illustrations and graphics, and to youtube for video, audio and animation. (Note: All communications, ordering, delivery and payments must be completed exclusively on Fiverr.)
1. The information in this field will be sent to buyers automatically when they order your Gig, so this is your chance to greet them and let them know what information they need to provide before you can start working on their order. If you leave this field empty, the order counter starts running immediately after the order is placed, so unless you really dont need any input from the buyer to get started, do not leave this field empty.
7 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
Instructions for Buyers (Gig Requirements)
2. Remember, if there is something your potential buyers should know before placing an order, dont enter it here. Buyers see this information only after placing the order.
3. Do not mention payment methods in your Gig instructions. Making a payment cannot be one of your requirements to start working on an order,
since Fiverr credits you for the order only after it is completed.
ae b 36
8 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
5. Use different images for each Gig you create to make it easier for buyers to select the right product.
6. The Gig gallery allows you to upload up to three images. We strongly recommend that you take advantage of all three image slots, but use the first
slot for your favorite image - this is the image that will appear as the main Gig image.
1. Make sure your Gig images are clear and sharp. They should not be blurry, pixelated, too dark or
2. To fit the full frame, images should be 682 pixels wide and 459 pixels high.
3. Your images should clearly represent the service you are providing.
4. You should own the copyright to your images - for example, you took the photo or created the image yourself - or you should have a license to use the image.
7. If you offer a Graphics & Design Gig or any other Gig where the look of your product is important, we recommend that you use Gig images to display actual samples of your work and that you choose images that truly represent the style and standard of quality of the product you will deliver to your customers.
8. Do not include any URLs in your Gig images.
9. Do not add misleading symbols or badges to your images that are similar to the ones used on Fiverr to represent seller levels, Featured Gigs, Express Gigs, etc.
9 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
For more tips
on Gig images
Your Gig video is an important way to introduce yourself to potential buyers and explain your service, showcase your talent, and share samples of your work. We strongly recommend adding a video to attract sales, especially if you have skills that can benefit from a live demonstration, such as presenting, acting, narrating, singing, etc.
10 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
Use the guidelines below tohelp you create a great Gig video:
1. The video should reflect the service as it will be delivered to the buyer, including the same standard of quality. Avoid using the services of a third party to create a Gig video for you, which might lead buyers to expect a standard of quality that you cannot deliver to them.
2. You must own the copyright to your video. In addition to being misleading, using someone elses video may violate copyright laws.
11 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
Gig Video 7. Make sure your audio quality is sufficient. Videos with no sound wont be accepted.
8. Use a different video for each Gig.
9. When using a smartphone to record your video, remember to hold your phone horizontally. Filming vertically compromises the quality.
10. If your video is not in English, please add English subtitles.
11. Keep the content appropriate.
3. On your video, be sure to mention that your service is exclusive to Fiverr, or alternatively, add the Fiverr logo or a subtitle with the text Exclusively on Fiverr to the video. For this purpose, please take note that Fiverr is pronounced like the number 5.
4. Do not share any links or contact details in your Gig video.
5. Keep your video to the point and up to one minute in length.
6. Make sure your video quality is sufficient. Videos with no images at all wont be accepted.
1. To maximize your sales potential, it is best to publish your Gig in English or make it bilingual. Publishing your Gig in English ensures you reach the largest possible audience and increases the chance that your Gig will come to the attention of our editorial team and be promoted in the marketplace. If you create your Gig only in a language our editors dont speak, they cant evaluate its quality and are less likely to select it when looking for quality content to promote.
12 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
2. We also provide the option to create Gigs in Spanish to feature on es.fiverr.com. There are two ways to create Spanish Gigs:
a. Create an English version of the Gig. Then go to Sales > Manage Gigs and click on Add Translation next to the Gig you would like to translate into Spanish.
b. Switch to es.fiverr.com by selecting Espaol from the drop-down menu at the bottom of any page. Then go to the top menu of the Spanish site and select VENTAS > Crear Gig.
1. Decide what youre willing to offer for $5, keeping in mind that as you level up as a seller, youll be able to add Gig Extras to your service