- 1.Norwegian meatballs A dish from Norway YUMMY ''JEG ELSKE MY
3. STEP EN, INGREDIENTS
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (13 1/2 oz.) cans beef broth
- slotted spoonlarge metal spoon medium bowl12-inch skillet
serving plate cutting boardthin cutting knife hand mixerpotato
peelerlarge potpot drainer
STEP TO, UTENSILS/measuring tool
- tsp. measuring tool (1/2,1,3/4,1/4)
5. Double hvem resept (double that recipe)
- 4 cans beef broth (still 13- oz)
- I actually used double the recipe for my family because all my
family comes to my house and eats dinner here. I have to double for
approximately 16 people.
- wash hands and clean cooking area.
- - in large bowl, mix milk and 1/4 cup of cornstarch until well
- - add meat, onion, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and egg to mixture and
mix until well blended.
- cover mixture and refrigerate at least 20 minutes for easier
- start with potato instructions.
- shape cold meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- in 12-inch skillet, over med. heat, heat oil until hot.
- cook meatballs, half at a time, until browned on all sides,
about 8-20 minutes.
- remove meatballs with a slotted spoon and drain on paper
- pour of all but 1/4 cup drippings of oil, add oil if necessary,
to make 1/4 cup.
- in medium bowl,mix beef broth and remaining 1/4 cup cornstarch
- over medium heat,cook while stirring constantly, until sauce
boils and thickens.
- add meatballs and reduce heat to low.
- - cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- - stir in sour cream and remove from heat.
- fill medium size pot with 5-6 cups water.
- turn stove to hi and wait till water boils.
- take 8 potatoes and chop into cubes.
- when water boils add potatoes and wait 30 min. check on them
after 30 min. and see if their soft.
- once potatoes are soft drain water and pour potatoes in to a
- add 1 stick of butter, 1 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 tbsp. salt to
- with mixer, mix potatoes till thick but not to gooey.
potatoes 12. Finishing touches
- spoon hot mash potatoes in center of plate.
- with slotted spoon, place meatballs around potatoes.
- garnish with fresh oregano.