MEMBERS - Group No. 3
ZUHAIR KHAN SAIRA WAQAS DANISH AZMAT OMAR DAWOOD NASSER AHMED KHAN
• The Ritz-Carlton Hotel is luxurious, elegant and formal.
• They provide commendable customer services.• Their motto is ‘We are Ladies and Gentlemen
serving Ladies and Gentlemen’.• Employees have been trained in very precise
standards and specification for treating customers.• In the past Ritz-Carlton management approach use
to be prescriptive and scripted but later on it was expected from the employees how to make guest happy by interaction to more natural, relaxed and authentic.
QUESTIONS KEY POINTS
1. Case information, Culture at Ritz-Carlton, Culture importance, and drawbacks of Culture.
2. Challenges of Changing Culture, and Steps of maintaining new Culture.
3. Kind of person happiest & successful, and how new employees learn culture.
4. Points of learning for Other Organization about Organizational Environment.
Question # 1
The information from this case, describe the culture at The Ritz-Carlton.
Why do you think this type of culture might be important to a luxury hotel?
What might be the drawbacks of such a culture?
The culture main focus is on luxury, comfort, style, hospitality and of course the cuisine.The main objective of the hotel management is to give its customers a service like kings and queens.
Ritz Carlton as Organizational Culture Characteristics
• Innovation & Risk taking - More Natural, Relaxed and authentic.
• Attention to detail – precise standards and specification.
• Outcome orientation – commendable customer services.
• People orientation – Trainings.• Team orientation – Trainings of Groups.• Aggressiveness – Immediate customer services.• Stability – luxurious, elegant and formal.
Importance of this Culture
This type of Culture is important because it has influence on employees and it is associated with high performance. Believing customer service is a must for a luxury hotel especially when dealing with customers one of the reason a hotel can be name or rate as luxury is because of the service that people receive. It always good to be address as sir or madam it shows value to their clients and hospitality, the way they treat people make it superb from the rest, people love attention and this hotel shows it all the way from different level such as by smiling and treat people with respect warm and caring.
Draw Backs of Such Culture
The drawback is the way they detail themselves it like a scripted (A particular system of entertaining) and recitation (Oral delivery of prepared lessons) and a way it is good to be motivated but to what extent are one willing to go to make customers satisfy. It seems these people are playing a role of a robot it is an act and the show must go on.Since this kind of organization’s culture depends on the caliber of the leader, so the selection and succession is regarded as a critical variable and much time and effort should be spend on them. Employees working in this kind of organization culture are reluctant to change and they respond to the changing environment by first ignoring the change. Also this kind or organization culture is very expensive.
Question # 2
What challenges do you think the company faced in changing the culture?
What is The Ritz-Carlton doing to maintain this new culture?
A challenge that may Ritz-Carlton faced is maintaining and Stronger the Culture of their System and implement the culture to their employees with detailed basic of the Culture system that Ritz-Carlton have.
To Maintaining New Culture Ritz-Carlton must be doing
• Planning – Ritz Carlton establish appropriate the new culture with constrains decision making in management functions.
• Organizing – Management provide degree of independence for employees.
• Leading – They trained employees for degree of concern for job satisfaction.
• Controlling – They made self-reliance on external or internal control.
Question # 3
What kind of person do you think would be happiest and most successful in this culture?
How do you think new employees “learn” the culture?
• Love to Interaction with Other Peoples.• Like to tackle different situations.• Have a great personality.• Know how to communicate.• Know how to entertain or serve the customers.• Have quality of innovations.• Observing other employees execution towards the
Ritz-Carlton objective is to serve its customers at far above the ground and its employees should embed to execute their job effectively and efficiently with following qualities:
Employees that have qualities stated in last slide can learn with the orientation related particular Organizational goals.
• Stories: luxurious, elegant and formal.• Rituals: Committed to treat its guest like
royalty.• Material Symbols: Exemplary Customer
Services.• Language: We are Ladies and Gentlemen
serving Ladies and Gentlemen.
FOCUS ON HOW EMPLOYEES LEARN CULTURE
Question # 4
What could other organizations learn from The Ritz-Carlton about the importance of organizational culture?
• Manage to make their staff happy.• Explorer employee’s potential.• Make environment more flexible.• Motivate staff for more effective and efficient
performance.• Maintain standards while changing the approach.• Increased employee satisfaction.• In time decisions• Importance of customer services
The Other Organization Can learn